Dr. Anjuli Amin is a psychologist practicing in Hines, IL. Dr. Amin specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Amin evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Amin because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Tetracycline up-regulates COX-2 expression and prostaglandin E2 production independent of its effect on nitric oxide.
- Regulation of cytosolic COX-2 and prostaglandin E2 production by nitric oxide in activated murine macrophages.
- Regulation of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and tumor necrosis factor converting enzyme in human osteoarthritis.
- Regulation of nitric oxide and prostaglandin E2 production by CSAIDS (SB203580) in murine macrophages and bovine chondrocytes stimulated with LPS.
- A novel mechanism of action of chemically modified tetracyclines: inhibition of COX-2-mediated prostaglandin E2 production.
- Functional genomic analysis in arthritis-affected cartilage: yin-yang regulation of inflammatory mediators by alpha 5 beta 1 and alpha V beta 3 integrins.
- Differential anti-inflammatory effects of immunosuppressive drugs: cyclosporin, rapamycin and FK-506 on inducible nitric oxide synthase, nitric oxide, cyclooxygenase-2 and PGE2 production.
- Reversal of autocrine and paracrine effects of interleukin 1 (IL-1) in human arthritis by type II IL-1 decoy receptor. Potential for pharmacological intervention.
- Type II interleukin-1beta receptor: a candidate for gene therapy in human arthritis.
- Gene therapy for chondrocytes.
- A role for FAK in the Concanavalin A-dependent secretion of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9.
- Osteopontin: an intrinsic inhibitor of inflammation in cartilage.
- Fibronectin activates matrix metalloproteinase-9 secretion via the MEK1-MAPK and the PI3K-Akt pathways in ovarian cancer cells.
- Nitric oxide and inflammatory mediators in the perpetuation of osteoarthritis.
- Osteoarthritis or osteoarthrosis: the definition of inflammation becomes a semantic issue in the genomic era of molecular medicine.
Dr. Anjuli Ramesh Amin PH.D.'s Practice location
Hines, IL 60141Get Direction
Dr. Anjuli Ramesh Amin PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How to Help Your Child with ASD Socially Excel at School
Just because social challenges like communication impairment are one of the indications of autism, it does not imply that they are normal for children on the spectrum. Considering that, some parents experience challenges getting their kids to do such simple things as putting on winter clothes,...
- What Is Asexual?
What does it mean to be asexual?Asexuality is a label that some people choose to use to define themselves and identify themselves. It pertains to people who experience no or low sexual attraction or desire, regardless of physical capability to do so or of actual sexual activity. Some asexuals do...
- How Autism Stigma Almost Killed a Young Boy
A young boy was in dire need of a transplant, but hospitals refused him due to his autism. After fighting the odds and getting the procedure, surviving, and thriving, he has started a conversation about preventing medical bias.Battle for a transplantLief was only nine years old when he became ill...
OverviewA seizure is a sudden event caused by an uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain. When a seizure happens, you lose control of your body, possibly lose consciousness, and convulse. Seizures can also cause behavioral changes and changes in the levels of your consciousness, including...
- How Mismatched Sex Drives Can Impact Your Relationship
The importance of sex often differs in each individual and each relationship. To some, it is a crucial part of any romantic endeavor. For others, it is not necessary and is more of a nuisance. But what happens when the importance of sex differs between marriage partners?How Important is Sex?Many...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Dr. Merilyn Salomon PH.D.2116 North Bissell Street Chicago Illinois 60614
- Dr. Camille Ference PHD1100 Lake St Oak Park Illinois 60301
- Dr. Brandi K. Boan PSYD6090 Strathmoor Rockford Illinois 61107
- Dr. Patricia R. Francis PSY.D.507 Thornhill Drive Carol Stream IL 60188
- Dr. Barbara M. Stock PH.D.2530 Crawford Ave Evanston IL 60201
- Ralph W Whetstine PSY.D.830 E Higgins Rd Schaumburg IL 60173