Dr. Joleen Dako is a pediatrician practicing in Akron, OH. Dr. Dako is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Dako diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Dako can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Joleen Dako MD's Practice location
Akron, OH 44308Get Direction
RIVERDALE, GA 30274Get Direction
Joleen Dako MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Nursemaid's Elbow Treatments
What is a nursemaid's elbow?A nursemaid's elbow is a common elbow injury among toddlers and preschoolers. This painful injury happens when a ligament slips out of its normal place in the joint. Sometimes, it resolves on its own. However, most of the time, healthcare providers help return the...
- What If I Refuse to Vaccinate My Baby?
What are vaccine exemptions?There are state laws that establish compulsory vaccination for school children both studying in public and private schools as well as daycare facilities. However, certain exemptions may be offered for religious and personal or conscientious reasons in some states. What...
- Is It a Mistake to Give Melatonin to Children with Autism?
Dr. David Clark, the Director of the Center for Autism Recovery in Dallas, TX believes that it is a mistake to give melatonin to children with autism.Melatonin has received recent attention for helping people get to sleep easier. It is made by a gland in the brain that seems to elicit sleep hormones...
- Schoolboy with Autism Responds to Bullies in a Powerful Way
It is an unfortunate part of life that some children will end up bullying other people their age. Some children seem to have an uncanny ability to hone in on a difference and exploit it, turning it into a weakness and hurting the other kid.Children with autism are especially vulnerable. They are...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Dr. Karin T. Riggs M.D.4575 Stephen Circle Northwest Canton Ohio 44718
- Cydney L. Fenton215 W. Bowery Street Akron Ohio 44308
- Dr. Thomas Aubrey Nguyen D.O.4575 Everhard Rd Nw Canton OH 44718
- Dr. Michelle L. Levy Mandalla MD6909 Royalton Road Brecksville Ohio 44141
- Dr. Erin B. Weber M.D.6722 Wales Ave Nw Massillon OH 44646
- Dr. Richard W Ball M.D.1600 E Turkeyfoot Lake Rd Akron OH 44312