Dr. Eva Mathews is a psychiatrist practicing in Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Mathews is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Mathews diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Mathews may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Mathews treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Tulane University School of Medicine 2010
- Bipolar Disorder
- Opiate Dependence
- Adjustment Disorder
- Brigham & Women's Hospital Program
Dr. Eva Marina Mathews M.D.'s Practice location
Baton Rouge, LA 70808Get Direction
Baton Rouge, LA 70808Get Direction
Dr. Eva Marina Mathews M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Repetitive and Self-Injurious Behaviors
Autism disordersPatients who are diagnosed with autism have certain challenges, such as having difficulty in learning language, as well as communication, and an incapability of understanding body language and expressions. They are uncomfortable in new social surroundings and with social behavior, in...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Treatments for Binge Eating Disorder
Binge eating disorder can make a person’s life miserable. Actually, most people feel ashamed to come out and seek treatment. It is an easy condition to hide and someone might keep it from even the people closest to him or her. Eating disorders need a flexible treatment plan that can be adjusted to...
- What Are the Treatment Options for ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may affect different aspects of life, including personality, work, and relationships. Getting the right treatment is crucial in managing ADHD. Many studies have been conducted to investigate the efficacy of different treatment options for ADHD. Two...
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is Intellectual Disability?Intellectual disability is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities are able to learn new skills but at a slower pace. The degrees of intellectual disability may vary from mild to...
- Dr. Gopinath Kongara M.D.5425 Brittany Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808
- Zahid Imran5329 Dijon Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808
- Dr. Jerry Sanders MD5225 Capitol Heights Ave Baton Rouge LA 70806
- Dr. Kari Akili Jones MD7521 Kings Hill Ave Baton Rouge LA 70810
- Dr. Philip Louis Cenac M.D.7850 ANSELMO LN BATON ROUGE LA 70810
- Dr. Sudheera Rachamallu M.D.7777 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge LA 70808