Dr. Susan Ditmanson is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Saint Paul, MN. Dr. Ditmanson specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Ditmanson can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Ditmanson can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1985
University of Minnesota Medical School 1985
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Regions Hosp, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Hennepin County Medical Center/Regions Hospital Program
Dr. Susan J Ditmanson MD's Practice location
Dr. Susan J Ditmanson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- Things You Should Avoid While You're Pregnant
Undercooked poultry, eggs, and meatPregnant women are prone to food borne illnesses. To avoid these illnesses, all meats must be cooked fully. Eat eggs that have firm yolks and whites. Eating raw eggs, or even soft scrambled eggs, not safe for you are the baby. Processed meats, like hotdogs and deli...
- Why Screening and Treatment for Gestational Diabetes is Important
Can gestational diabetes affect the development and growth of the baby? Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes only develops during pregnancy, and most of the time, gestational diabetes is diagnosed during the last stage of pregnancy. If someone is diagnosed with diabetes during the earlier...
- What Could an Itchy Vulva Mean?
The vulva is the external part of the female genitalia, which includes the skin between the anus and the vagina, and the lips of the vagina. An itchy vulva is medically called pruritus vulvae. It is normal for women to experience a slight vulvar itch, but if you have an uncomfortable and persistent...
- What Is a Mucus Plug?
What is a mucus plug?A mucus plug is a thick mucus that seals the cervical canal. It is also known as the cervical mucus plug. The cervix produces a jelly-like substance to keep the area protected and moist during pregnancy. This substance builds up, which creates a plug of mucus. It serves as a...
- Laparoscopy and Ovarian Cyst Removal
What is an ovarian cyst?An ovarian cyst is a fluid-filled sac that mainly occurs on or inside the ovary. Ovarian cysts are very common but usually don’t show any symptoms. For this reason, they go undetected in most cases. These cysts occur naturally and eventually disappear after a few months.To...
- Alma Aurioles Bagan1401 Faiview Dr Burnsville MN 55337
- Dr. Patricia Young Kohls MD1737 BEAM AVE MAPLEWOOD MN 55109
- Dr. Catherine Lee Kodama MD303 E Nicollet Blvd Burnsville MN 55337
- Dr. Amanda Olson MD/MPH606 24th Ave S Minneapolis MN 55454
- Dr. Karen L Hessel M.D.407 W 66TH ST RICHFIELD MN 55423
- Dr. Eudora Barbara Grazette MD7300 FRANCE AVE S EDINA MN 55435