Patricia C. Cowan-Kloser, MD, MPH, FACP, is a leading Internist and Infectious Disease Specialist currently serving patients at her own private practice in New York City, NY. After earning her medical degree in 1982 at Ross University School of Medicine, Dr. Cowan-Kloser completed her internal medicine residency and infectious disease medicine fellowship at St. Elizabeth Hospital and her Master of Public Health degree at Columbia University in 1987. She is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in her field, she maintains a professional membership with the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the American Medical Association, and the American College of Physicians.
Education and Training
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 1983
Ross University School of Medicine 1982
Jimma University College of Public Health and Medical Sciences
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- Umdnj-Univ Hosp, Infectious Diseases; St Elizabeth Hosp, Internal Medicine
- LECOMT/St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital Program
- Infectious Disease, St Elizabeth Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Infectious Diseases Society of America, American Medical Association, American College of Physicians,
Articles and Publications
- Published 30 articles
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Hiking, Adeventure, Traveling, Cross Country Skiing, Music, Opera, Ballet
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Infectious Diseases, Clinical Infectious Diseases Journals, Annals of Internal Medicine, New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of the American Medical Association, Emerging Infectious D
Dr. Patricia C. Cowan-Kloser M.D.'s Practice location
Newark, NJ 07103Get Direction
New York, New York 10023Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Patricia C. Cowan-Kloser M.D. | Internist | Infectious Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Patricia C. Cowan-Kloser M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cowan-Kloser
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- How is Lyme Disease Diagnosed?
Lyme disease is primarily diagnosed through an analysis of the symptoms, although blood tests are also sometimes used.What to keep in mind when diagnosing Lyme diseaseThe bull’s eye rash is usually the most prominent symptom of Lyme’s disease, and a visualization of this rash is usually...
- What Are the Symptoms of Cold Sores?
What are cold sores?Cold sores or fever blisters are a very common perioral condition caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus. Type 1 usually causes cold sores, although in some cases, the cold sores can also be caused by type 2. It is usually...
- HIV: Will My Child Get It If I’m Pregnant?
The initials 'HIV' stand for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. As the name suggest, it is a viral attack that completely weakens the defense systems of a human being leaving them open to invasion from bacteria and other disease causing micro-organisms.Once infected, the virus finds its way into the...
- The Symptoms and Treatment of Toxoplasmosis
What is toxoplasmosis?Toxoplasmosis is a parasitic infection caused by a parasite called Toxoplasma gondii, which is found in humans and some types of animals. Although this parasite can infect all warm-blooded animals, it tends to only reproduce in the gut of felids, such as domestic cats and...
- How is Genital Herpes Diagnosed?
Genital Herpes is the most common sexually transmitted disease. It is caused by two types of viruses - herpes simplex Type 1 and herpes simplex Type 2. However, people suffering from the condition are not aware of it because it hardly presents with any symptoms. So, in most of the cases people are...
- Frantz Pierre-Louis22 Old Shore Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039
- Dr. Paul T. Smith M.D.943 Lexington Avenue New York New York 10021
- Dr. Donald J. Beggs MD30 Wilmington Drive Nutley New Jersey 7110
- Dr. Pan S. Ko M.D.400 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs New Jersey 07632
- Dr. Douglas V. Sepkowitz MD339 Hicks Street Brooklyn New York 11201
- Dr. Christine Stavropoulos MD425 West 59th Street New York NY 10019