Dr. Byron L Lam MD
Ophthalmologist900 Nw 17th Ave Box 016960 M851 Miami FL, 33101
Dr. Byron Lam is an ophthalmologist practicing in Miami, FL. Dr. Lam specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Lam can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Lam can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1986
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Bilateral posterior ischemic optic neuropathy after spinal surgery.
- Low-frequency damped electroretinographic wavelets in young asymptomatic patients with dominant retinitis pigmentosa: a new electroretinographic finding.
- An anisocoria produces a small relative afferent pupillary defect in the eye with the smaller pupil.
- Prevalence of usual-corrected binocular distance visual acuity impairment in Hispanic and non-Hispanic adults.
- Update on hereditary optic neuropathy.
- Uncorrected binocular distance visual impairment in U.S. Hispanic children and adolescents.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa in vitro corneal isolate sensitivity to ofloxacin,
- Incidence of nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy associated with cataract extraction.
- Ocular manifestations of Seckel syndrome.
- Atypical anterior optic neuropathy caused by toxoplasmosis.
- Infraorbital nerve palsy: a complication of laser in situ keratomileusis.
- Reliability and significance of measurements of a-wave latency in rats.
- Evidence that a-wave latency of the electroretinogram is determined solely by photoreceptors.
- The a-wave latency in control subjects and patients with retinal diseases.
- Visual acuity impairment and mortality in US adults.
- 2009 Florida Super Doctors 2009 - South Florida Edition
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI/JACKSON, MIAMI, FL 1991
- Univ Miami-B Palmer Eye Inst, Neuro-Ophthalmology 1991
- Univ Illinois Eye & Ear Infirmary, Medical Retina 1992
- Neuro-Ophthalmology Fellowship, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
Dr. Byron L Lam MD's Practice location
Miami, FL 33101Get Direction
Dr. Byron L Lam MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lam
- What Are Congenital Cataracts?
Cataracts can be present at birth – which is termed as congenital, and in other cases can develop later in life. Various studies have shown an estimation that one out of every 250 children will develop a cataract either prior to birth or during childhood. While the exact cause is unknown,...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- What Causes Iritis?
What is iritis?The colored part of the eye is called the iris. When the iris gets inflamed, the condition is called iritis, which is also called anterior uveitis. The muscles present in the iris help in pupil contraction and relaxation. The anterior and posterior chambers of the eye are also...
- What is Blepharitis?
What is Blepharitis?Blepharitis is the inflammation of the eyelids, usually affecting both of the eyelids where eyelashes grow.The inflammation of the eyelids is often a chronic medical condition, which is very hard to treat. Blepharitis is a condition that does not affect vision. It is also not...
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- Everything You Need to Know About Glaucoma
What is Glaucoma?Glaucoma is a medical condition that affects the eyes. It is characterized by high pressure in the eyes, leading to damages on the optic nerve, which can eventually impair your vision.Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. It can affect both men and women at...
- Dr. Stanley Braverman MD FACS1935 E HALLANDALE BEACH BLVD HALLANDALE BEACH FL 33009
- Joel D. Aronowicz7949 Northwest 2nd Street Miami Florida 33126
- Mr. Gianmarco Paris M.D.1460 NE 123RD ST NORTH MIAMI FL 33161
- Dr. Natalie Stanciu M.D.900 Nw 17th St Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Raul F. Masvidal M.D.250 South West 42nd Avenue Miami Florida 33134
- Dr. Tracy C Crnic M.D.8740 N KENDALL DR STE 117 MIAMI FL 33176