Dr. Laura Lee Lowenbergh MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry34 Old Brevard Rd Asheville NC, 28806
Dr. Laura Lowenbergh is a psychiatrist practicing in Asheville, NC. Dr. Lowenbergh is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Lowenbergh diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Lowenbergh may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Lowenbergh treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1966
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Psychiatry; Oh State Univ Hosp, Psychiatry; Grant Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Laura Lee Lowenbergh MD's Practice location
Asheville, NC 28806Get Direction
Dr. Laura Lee Lowenbergh MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lowenbergh
- Side Effects of Trintellix
What is Trintellix?Trintellix is an antidepressant used for the treatment of a type of mental disorder called major depressive disorder (MDD). The common side effects of this medication are:...
- What Are Different Cognitive Behavioral Techniques?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an effective way of treating several mental conditions such as:...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- Managing Anxiety Disorder Using BuSpar
What is anxiety?Anxiety is a general term that is often used to refer to disorders among individuals that cause nervousness, fear, stress, and worrying. These traits often impact human behavior and can turn into real physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is temporary and vague. However, anxiety that turns...
- Psychologist vs. Psychiatrist
IntroductionFor individuals who suffer from certain mental health problems, there is always a question that comes to their mind. Whom should they approach for help? How would one know which type of doctor would be right and whom should they speak to? Do they need to go to a psychiatrist or a...
- Dr. Eric Webster Peterson M.D.77 Church St Asheville NC 28801
- Dr. Steve J. Herrin M.D., M.P.H.1100 Tunnel Rd Asheville NC 28805
- Dr. John Duane Pierson M.D.50 Hospital Dr Hendersonville NC 28792
- Dr. Frederick Weigel M.D.1st Ave & E 16th St New York NY 10003
- Dr. Elizabeth Kelly Miller M.D.1100 Tunnel Rd Asheville NC 28805
- Dr. Gail Yvonne Kase M.D.158 Zillicoa St Asheville NC 28801