Dr. Richard Joseph Fastiggi MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology130 Center Way Corning NY, 14830
Dr. Richard Fastiggi is a gastroenterologist practicing in Corning, NY. Dr. Fastiggi specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Fastiggi performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch- Newark Nj 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Gastroenterology; Univ Of Md Med Sys, Internal Medicine
Dr. Richard Joseph Fastiggi MD's Practice location
Corning, NY 14830Get Direction
Dr. Richard Joseph Fastiggi MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fastiggi
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- Fecal Microbiota Transplant Is Safe and Effective for Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
People with ulcerative colitis understand the pain of going to the restroom. There are many people who do not understand the pain associated with this condition.But what if there was an opportunity for the intestinal tract to heal?We are talking about fecal microbiota transplants, and they may bring...
- Is Cholera Contagious?
Is Cholera Contagious?Cholera is one of the most dangerous infections that has claimed the lives of many people especially people living in very poor environmental areas. These are areas where there is poor sanitation, poor ventilation, and dirty water. Most of the victims of cholera over many years...
- The Real, Everyday Differences Between Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s
If you are experiencing chronic gastrointestinal issues, you may have ulcerative colitis (UC) or Crohn’s disease. Both are two of the most common types of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), affecting more than 1.6 million Americans. ...
- Immunosuppressive Drugs for Crohn's Disease
Crohn’s disease is an autoimmune disorder. Due to this disorder, the gastrointestinal tract is affected, and the lining of the digestive system is inflamed. Usually, it affects the colon, although it may affect any part. Ulcers, fistulas, or even cracks can develop in the intestine. This can block...
- Dr. Sean Allen Stryker MD2977 Westinghouse Rd Horseheads NY 14845
- Dr. Jagadeesh Sreenevasa Hathwar M.D.130 Centerway Corning NY 14830
- Ms. Leena Sayedy MD100 John Roemmelt Dr Horseheads NY 14845
- Dr. Bruno Robert Mazza M.D.571 St Josephs Blvd Elmira NY 14901
- Dr. Thomas J. Flannery MD130 Center Way Corning NY 14830
- Dr. Marvin Singh M.D.1500 E. Medical Center Dr. Ann Arbor MI 48109