Dr. Cary E. Fechter, M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine302a Midland Pkwy Summerville SC, 29485
Dr. Cary Fechter practices Sleep Medicine in Summerville, SC. Dr. Fechter studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1979
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
Dr. Cary E. Fechter, M.D.'s Practice location
Summerville, SC 29485Get Direction
Charleston, SC 29412Get Direction
WESTON, WI 54476Get Direction
- Obesity & Sleep Disorders, Affect Child's Ability to Learn
A new study has shown that weight, sleeping disorders, and inability to learn are all linked with each other in children. A child who is overweight and who does not get enough sleep may have difficulty learning. Moreover, a child who has learning disabilities has a higher risk of developing obesity...
- Are CPAP Machines Being Used by Insurers to Spy on Patients?
Approximately 17 million people use CPAP machines for obstructive sleep apnea. Is it possible that insurers are collecting their information through their treatment? Maybe. Thousands of CPAP machines users found out that their machine was actually spying on them. Yes, we're serious. The device sends...
- This Combination of Medications May Help Ease Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Sleep apnea causes you to stop breathing briefly dozens of times every night. It is a serious condition that causes daytime fatigue, high blood pressure, and heart problems. Having sleep apnea also increases your risk of insulin resistance, also known as type 2 diabetes. If you are unable to sleep...
- Why Beauty Sleep Should Be Taken Seriously
A study published in the journal BMJ, provides supports to the concept of beauty sleep. A small study conducted by Swedish researchers shows that adequate rest is essential for looking healthy. Until now, the concept of beauty sleep lacked solid evidence from science.In this study, 23 healthy...
- Reliable Method for Diagnosing Sleep Apnea at Home
One of the most common complications of sleep apnea doesn’t revolve around the symptoms themselves, but rather on the difficulty to actually diagnose the disease. Sleep apnea is, as its name suggests, a sleep disorder characterized by the subject’s inability to breathe properly during sleep,...
- Somnoware Launches New Software for Sleep Apnea and COPD
Sleep apnea and COPD usually come together as overlapping illnesses. Sleep apnea is also known as Obstructive Sleep Apnea or OSA and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is known as COPD for short. These are two very common pulmonary diseases that are individually attained but most of the time...
- Dr. Graham C. Scott MD125 Doughty St Charleston SC 29403
- Dr. John A. Mitchell MD125 Doughty St Charleston SC 29403
- Dr. James J. Carswell MD316 CALHOUN ST CHARLESTON SC 29401
- Dr. Nicholas J Pastis MD96 Jonathan Lucas St # St812 Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Joseph Gordon Krainin MD171 ASHLEY AVE CHARLESTON SC 29425
- Dr. William T. Dawson M.D.125 Doughty St Charleston SC 29403