Dr. Don K Nakayama MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery101 Manning Drive N.C. Children's Hospital Chapel Hill NC, 27514
Dr. Don Nakayama practices Pediatric Surgery in Wilmington, NC. Dr. Nakayama treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Nakayamadiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1978
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Cyclic nucleotides and inducible nitric oxide synthesis in pulmonary artery smooth muscle.
- The trauma registry: an administrative and clinical tool.
- Primary percutaneous endoscopic button gastrostomy: a modification of the "push" technique.
- Nitric oxide and cyclic guanosine monophosphate stimulate apoptosis via activation of the Fas-FasL pathway.
- The use of drugs in emergency airway management in pediatric trauma.
- Differences in trauma care among pediatric and nonpediatric trauma centers.
- Lung mechanics during and after extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for meconium aspiration syndrome.
- Diminution in size of a fetal intrathoracic mass: caution against aggressive in utero management.
- Laparoscopic evaluation of the contralateral groin in pediatric inguinal hernia patients: a comparison of 70- and 120-degree endoscopes.
- Hospital characteristics affect outcomes for common pediatric surgical conditions.
- The newborn with hydrops and sacrococcygeal teratoma.
- Residency training in pyloromyotomy: a survey of 331 pediatric surgeons.
- Employment and satisfaction trends among general surgery residents from a community hospital.
- Three-year results of mandated work hour restrictions: attending and resident perspectives and effects in a community hospital.
- Thrombin stimulates mitogenesis in pig cerebrovascular smooth muscle cells involving activation of pro-matrix metalloproteinase-2.
Dr. Don K Nakayama MD's Practice location
Wilmington, NC 28401Get Direction
PENSACOLA, FL 32504Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Dr. Don K Nakayama MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nakayama
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Dr. Aaron Paul Garrison M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Karen Speck M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Karla Jean Brown NP101 MANNING DR CHAPEL HILL NC 27514
- Amy Weller Lamm NP101 MANNING DR CHAPEL HILL NC 27514
- Dr. Jeffrey Joseph Dehmer MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Michelle Kiser M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514