Dr. Stephen Metropol is a general surgeon practicing in Columbia, SC. Dr. Metropol specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Metropol provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1985
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1985
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Breast Cancer
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Vascular Disease
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Program
Dr. Stephen H Metropol MD's Practice location
Columbia, SC 29201Get Direction
Dr. Stephen H Metropol MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Metropol
- Recovery from an Appendectomy
The surgical removal of the appendix is very safe nowadays because of laparoscopy, which basically involves inserting a little tube with a camera on it to see the internal parts of the body. In a laparoscopy, surgeons will make a very small incision and see everything in detail while they...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Appendectomy
An appendectomy is a surgical procedure that involves the complete removal of the appendix. It is a common procedure that is performed to correct or treat appendicitis, which is a condition that is characterized by appendix inflammation. To understand what an appendectomy is, we will first briefly...
- What Are the Risks of a Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is done to examine various abdominal organs or female pelvic organs. The procedure is sometimes called as "diagnostic laparoscopy" or "keyhole surgery". This procedure can identify problems such as adhesion, fibroids, infections, and cysts.The procedure...
- Reasons Why You Need a Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is found under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. It has the shape of a pear and looks like a small sac. Your liver produces a fluid used during digestion known as bile. The gallbladder stores bile before releasing it into the small intestine. If the gallbladder is infected...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- Dr. Elizabeth P Renza-stingone MD4500 Stuart Street Columbia SC 29207
- Dr. Scott Wayne Taber M.D. F.A.C.S.1850 Laurel St Columbia SC 29201
- Dr. Juan I Camps MD1 Richland Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Martin C Mirra MD1333 TAYLOR STREET COLUMBIA SC 29201
- Dr. Matthew Lyon Areford MD1801 Sunset Dr Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Elliott Ho Chen M.D.2 Medical Park Rd Columbia SC 29203