Dr. Donald R Atkinson MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry60 S Stockwell Rd Evansville IN, 47714
Dr. Donald Atkinson is a psychiatrist practicing in Evansville, IN. Dr. Atkinson is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Atkinson diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Atkinson may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Atkinson treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1989
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, Psychiatry
- University Louisville School Of Med
Dr. Donald R Atkinson MD's Practice location
Evansville, IN 47714Get Direction
COOKEVILLE, TN 38506Get Direction
Dr. Donald R Atkinson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Atkinson
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- What is Post Partum Depression?
Mood swings are normal after giving birth. Your emotions could be so high then down the next minute. These changes in emotion is called post partum baby blues, which begins two to three days after giving birth and usually lasts for two weeks.On the other hand, some moms or new moms experience severe...
- How to Know if Your Child Has ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of those complex mental disorders that can negatively affect a child’s success in education and the relationship with other children. ADHD symptoms usually vary and are sometimes hard to be recognized since most children will exhibit them at...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- Dr. John Robert Lorenz M.D.3400 Lincoln Ave Evansville IN 47714
- Dr. Gagan Tindoni MD7200 E Indiana St Evansville IN 47715
- Patricia L Harralson Other505 N Wabash Ave Marion IN 46952
- Dr. Willard Whitehead MD415 Mulberry St Evansville IN 47713
- Dr. Charles P Rhoton MD7200 E Indiana St Evansville IN 47715
- Dr. Robert E Alley MD7200 E Indiana St Evansville IN 47715