Dr. Michael O\'Shell, D.D.S.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon7700 San Felipe Suite 220 Houston TX, 77063
Education and Training
The University of Texas DDS 1996
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Greater Houston Dental Society
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Texas Dental Association
- Texas Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Southwest Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Houston Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- The University of Texas at Houston Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Alumni Association
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Professional Society Memberships
- Greater Houston Dental SocietyThe Texas Dental AssociationThe American Dental AssociationTexas Society of Oral & Maxillofacial SurgeonsSouthwest Society of Oral & Maxillofacial SurgeonsHouston Society of Oral & Maxillofacial SurgeonsThe University of Texas at Houston Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Alumni Association
Dr. Michael O\'Shell, D.D.S.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77063Get Direction
Katy, TX 77494Get Direction
Get to know Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. Michael O’Shell, who serves patients in Texas.
As an experienced, board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. O’Shell practices the full scope of his field with a clinical emphasis on dental implants, facial trauma, and wisdom teeth removal. In practice since 2000, he sees patients at Memorial Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery with offices in Houston, Katy, and Cypress, Texas.
A well-established practice with decades of surgical expertise, Memorial Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery provides a wide range of services, including: wisdom teeth removal, complex and emergency extractions, premium dental implants, oral pathology diagnosis and treatments, pre-prosthetic surgery, facial trauma (also referred to as maxillofacial trauma) treatments, emergency dental care, as well as maxillary and mandibular bone grafting. “Our mission at Memorial Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is to improve the lives of the patients we see by providing the highest quality of surgical treatment in a caring and compassionate environment” as stated on their website.
A native of Texas, Dr. O’Shell grew up in Beaumont. He began his educational training at the University of Texas in Austin prior to attending The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston. After graduation from dental school, he was accepted into the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Program at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. This residency program only accepts one resident per year.
Offering the highest level of dental care, Dr. O’Shell is a member of the Greater Houston Dental Society, the Texas Dental Association, the American Dental Association, the Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the Southwest Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the Houston Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (serving as President from 2014-2015), and the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (Fellow).
A Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, he is Chairman of the Hinds Symposium and serves on the Board of the Hinds Academy, which is the Alumni Association of the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery specializes in surgery of the face, mouth, and jaws. It is an internationally recognized surgical specialty. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are dental specialists who treat conditions, defects, injuries, and esthetic aspects of the mouth, teeth, jaws, and face. Their training involves a four-year graduate degree in dentistry and the completion of a minimum four-year hospital surgical residency program.
- Mr. T's Lessons on Life and Lymphoma
There are several things that Mr. T is known for, including his career as a WWF wrestler and his role as B.A. Baracus in the hit series ‘The A-Team’. To this day, he continues to remain a fun and stylish icon of the 80s. Nevertheless, Mr. T is not only known for his appearances on television,...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Dr. William Jacob Wintersteen DMD23922 Cinco Village Ctr Blvd Katy TX 77494
- Sharon S Peterson DDS12121 Richmond Ave Houston TX 77082
- Dr. Christopher Dauterive D.D.S.11510 Barker Cypress Rd. Cypress TX 77433
- Dr. Ayman Chritah DDS, MD5357 W Bellfort St Houston TX 77035
- Dr. Amjad A Sheikh DDS7008 Lyons Ave Houston TX 77020
- Mr. Joseph J Chen DDS11455 FALLBROOK SUITE 302 HOUSTON TX 77065