Dr. Frank Nelson Haugland M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology5950 University Ave Suite 231 West Des Moines IA, 50266
Dr. Frank Haugland is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Haugland performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1987
Roy J Lucille A Carver College of Medicine At University of Iowa,Iowa City, Ia, United States 1987
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1987
- Voltage clamp analysis of membrane currents in larval muscle fibers of Drosophila: alteration of potassium currents in Shaker mutants.
- Potassium currents in Drosophila: different components affected by mutations of two genes.
- Direct quantification of apparent binding indices from quinidine-induced in vivo conduction delay in canine myocardium.
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Cardiovascular Diseases; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Internal Medicine; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Neurology
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Arizona) Program
Dr. Frank Nelson Haugland M.D.'s Practice location
West Des Moines, IA 50266Get Direction
Dr. Frank Nelson Haugland M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Haugland
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Dr. Dwayne N. Campbell M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Robert H Hoyt M.D.1215 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Pamela Lynne Nerheim M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Mr. Prasad R Palakurthy M.D.1301 Penn Ave Des Moines IA 50316
- Dr. Steven J Bailin M.D.5880 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. William Ben Johnson M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314