Dr. Sandra M. Ford, MD
Internist516 Tuscaloosa Ave Sw Birmingham AL, 35211
Dr. Sandra Ford is an internist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Ford specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Ford provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1978
American Board of Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Medical Director Internal Medicine Affiliates 1989 - Present
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (dvt)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Vascular Disease
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Mineral District Medical Society
- American College of Physicians, American Society of Internal Medicine, Alabama Chapter
- American Medical Association
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Spirit Of Luke Charitable Foundation, A Promise to Help Charitable Foundation
Dr. Sandra M. Ford, MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35211Get Direction
Dr. Sandra M. Ford, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ford
- What Causes Dry Hair?
The two most important things needed for healthy looking hair are shine and luster. The outermost layer of the hair provides ample protection to the inner layers. The presence of oil in the outer layer of the hair reflects the light making it look shiny. But when the hair is dry, the outer...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Meningitis?
Inflammation of the meninges, the delicate membrane covering brain and spinal cord, is called as meningitis. There are different types of meningitis based on the cause of the disease. Some of these forms have very mild symptoms and may resolve on its own, while some other forms are serious and life...
- Lose Weight While Sitting at Your Desk
People with sedentary, desk bound jobs could be helped by portable pedaling exercise machine, says a new study. These exercise machines will help them to counter the effects of sedentary jobs, according to the researchers.In this study 18 full-time workers were provided with a portable...
- What Could Happen if My Pneumonia Remains Untreated?
There are several types of pneumonia that vary in their degree of seriousness. Pneumonia caused by a viral infection can make people feel very sick with fever, cough, and tiredness. However, viral pneumonia tends to go away on its own after some time. A "walking pneumonia" is a mild case of...
- What Are the Symptoms of Diarrhea?
Frequent bowel movement characterized by loose and watery stools is referred to as diarrhea. In simple terms, it is exactly opposite to constipation and this condition is very common. It is not very serious and can be treated by simple home remedies and over-the-counter medications. Diarrhea may be...
- Mrs. Amy Lee Illescas M.D.2800 Greystone Commercial Blvd Birmingham AL 35242
- Marina Brainin Other619 19TH STREET SOUTH BIRMINGHAM AL 35233
- Dr. Jerry Hankins MD151 Narrows Pkwy Birmingham AL 35242
- Dr. James Gregory Sullivan MD1160 HUFFMAN RD BIRMINGHAM AL 35215
- Dr. Ladonna P Richardson MD513 Brookwood Blvd Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Frank Denton Miller M.D.927 Medical Center Dr Bessemer AL 35022