Dr. Jerrold Schermer is a urologist practicing in Columbia, MO. Dr. Schermer specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1985
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Univ Of Tn Coll Of Med, Urology; Alton Ochsner Med Fndn, General Surgery
Dr. Jerrold Schermer M.D.'s Practice location
Columbia, MO 65201Get Direction
COLUMBIA, MO 65212Get Direction
Dr. Jerrold Schermer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schermer
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- Myrbetriq Side Effects and Usage
Generic Name: MirabegronBrand Name: MyrbetriqWhat is Myrbetriq?Myrbetriq (mirabegron) is a prescription medication that is FDA-approved for the treatment of overactive bladder (OAB) along with its symptoms, such as urinary frequency, urgency, and leakage in adults. This medication helps control...
- Prostate Cancer: What Are the Symptoms If It Is Not Asymptomatic?
Prostate cancer tends to affect only men. The incidence of prostate cancer is on the increase and tends to be more common in the western world. The causes of prostate cancer are poorly understood. However, risks factors include a positive family history, environmental and dietary factors. The...
- Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction Is Psychological
It has become a popular myth that watching too much of pornography can cause an erectile dysfunction in men. Many men, who are addicted to porn, are reported to have a porn-induced erectile dysfunction. There are many doctors and reports that explain that this disease is rather psychological in...
- What Is the Life Expectancy for Bladder Cancer?
What is a bladder?The bladder can be described as a hollow organ, which is located next to the kidneys. The bladder functions by collecting all the urine coming from the kidneys through the ureter. It then stores the urine until it is removed from the body.Having a bladder cancer causes an...
- Trichomoniasis: What You Need to Know
What is trichomoniasis?Trichomoniasis or "trich" is a common infection of the reproductive organs. It spreads by sexual contact with the infected person. For this reason, it is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI). Women are invariably at greater risk. However, the infection is not...
- Dr. Scott A Troxel MDOne Hospital Drive Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Danny L Huynh MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Taz Joseph Harmon M.D.105 N Keene St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Mark Richard Wakefield MDOne Hospital Drive Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Jerry Jeff Trulson M.D.1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Scott Thomas Matz MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212