Dr. Steven Rice is an ophthalmologist practicing in Saint Cloud, MN. Dr. Rice specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Rice can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Rice can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Mayo Med Sch, Rochester Mn 1983
Florida International University, Miami, FL 1983
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Of Mn Affil Hosps, Ophthalmology; Hennepin Co Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Hennepin County Medical Center Program
Dr. Steven William Rice MD's Practice location
Dr. Steven William Rice MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rice
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Are Colored Contact Lenses Safe?
Contact lenses are popular for its two most important characteristics: flexibility and convenience. Based on their usage, contact lenses are categorized into two types: vision correcting lenses, and decorative lenses. Decorative lenses are used to improve the look of the eyes. Generally, these...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- Rosacea: What is Light Therapy and Why is it Used?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that mainly affects women past their 30s. According to the National Rosacea Society, approximately 16 million people in the US alone are affected with rosacea. It is a very common problem, especially among fair-skinned people. Rosacea causes redness over your...
- Dr. Bradley Myren Anderson MD2055 15th St N Saint Cloud MN 56303
- Dr. Richard William Lucius MD2055 15th St N Saint Cloud MN 56303
- Dr. Shannon Radeke Cabrera MD2000 23RD STREET SOUTH SARTELL MN 56377
- Dr. Michael Donald Eichler MD2000 23RD STREET SOUTH SARTELL MN 56377
- Dr. Vamsi Krishna Gullapalli MD, PHD2330 TROOP DR SARTELL MN 56377
- Dr. Dale S Reynolds M.D. PH.D.2330 Troop Dr Sartell MN 56377