Dr. Steven Rice is an ophthalmologist practicing in Saint Cloud, MN. Dr. Rice specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Rice can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Rice can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Mayo Med Sch, Rochester Mn 1983
Florida International University, Miami, FL 1983
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Of Mn Affil Hosps, Ophthalmology; Hennepin Co Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Hennepin County Medical Center Program
Dr. Steven William Rice MD's Practice location
Dr. Steven William Rice MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rice
- What is Eye Herpes?
What is eye herpes?Eye herpes, or ocular herpes, is a recurrent viral infection that affects the eyes. It is caused by herpes simplex virus type 1. It causes an inflammation of the eye, as well as scarring in the cornea.Eye herpes can be transmitted from one person to another when there is a close...
- Don’t Let Your Computer Strain Your Eyes
What is eyestrain?Eyestrain is a common medical condition characterized by an overuse of the eyes, like when driving a long distance, reading for a couple of hours, or using the computer. Staring at the computer screen for a long period of time will increase discomfort in your eyes.Eyestrain is not...
- What are the Side Effects of Cataract Surgery?
Cataract is a disease which makes an eye lens to appear cloudy, thus reducing the eyesight. A normal eye lens assists in focusing light onto the retina for clear and undistorted image appearance. When a cataract forms in the eye, it makes images appear blurred and distorted. Although cataracts can...
- Everything You Need to Know About Glaucoma
What is Glaucoma?Glaucoma is a medical condition that affects the eyes. It is characterized by high pressure in the eyes, leading to damages on the optic nerve, which can eventually impair your vision.Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. It can affect both men and women at...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lasik Eye Surgery
Nearsightedness or myopia, farsightedness or hyperopia and astigmatism or blurred vision are collectively referred as refractive disorders which commonly affect the eyes. They occur as a consequence of disease, injury or progressive aging. The weakening of the eye lens and lengthening or shortening...
- What Tests Determine Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is a very unpleasant eye condition that may cause discomfort and pain in the eyes. This disease has to be medically treated. Thus, it’s important to determine the causes and triggers of this disease. If you suspect that you have conjunctivitis, you should visit an ophthalmologist to...
- Dr. Bradley Myren Anderson MD2055 15th St N Saint Cloud MN 56303
- Dr. Richard William Lucius MD2055 15th St N Saint Cloud MN 56303
- Dr. Shannon Radeke Cabrera MD109 Doctors Park Saint Cloud MN 56303
- Dr. Michael Donald Eichler MD109 Doctors Park Saint Cloud MN 56303
- Dr. Andrea Christine Joplin MD109 Doctors Park Saint Cloud MN 56303
- Dr. James Evan Heeter MD109 Doctors Park Saint Cloud MN 56303