Dr. Brian T Carlsen MD
Hand Surgeon | Surgery of the Hand200 1st St SW Rochester MN, 55905
Dr. Brian Carlsen is a hand surgeon practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Carlsen specializes in caring for hand, wrist and forearm problems without the option of surgery unless necessary. Many hand surgeons are also experts in diagnosing and caring for shoulder and elbow problems and tend to suggest non-surgical treatments such as hand therapy or physical therapy.
Education and Training
Med College Of Wisconsin 1998
Medical College of Wisconsin 1998
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS- Surgery of the Hand
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Nasolabial flap reconstruction of large defects of the lower lip.
- Wrist instability.
- Thumb trauma: Bennett fractures, Rolando fractures, and ulnar collateral ligament injuries.
- The management of chronic distal radioulnar instability.
- Surgical anatomy of hand allotransplantation.
- Use of the deltoid branch-based clavicular head of pectoralis major muscle flap in isolated sternoclavicular infections.
- Upper extremity limb loss: functional restoration from prosthesis and targeted reinnervation to transplantation.
- Cat bite infections of the hand: assessment of morbidity and predictors of severe infection.
- Ciprofloxacin-resistant Aeromonas infection following leech therapy for digit
- Osteoarthritis of the wrist.
- Decellularization of a Fasciocutaneous Flap for Use as a Perfusable Scaffold.
- Optimizing functional and aesthetic outcomes of upper limb soft tissue reconstruction.
- The Distally Based Dorsal Metatarsal Artery Perforator Flap: Vascular Study and Clinical Implications.
- Desmoid tumor following abdominally-based free flap breast reconstruction.
- Complex Microsurgical Reconstruction After Tumor Resection in the Trunk and Extremities.
- Trigger Finger
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Leg Ulcer
- Member Minnesota Medical Association/Zumbro Valley
- UCLA Med Center
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Affiliated Hospitals
- Research Fellowship - Plastic Surgery: University of California, Los Angeles
- Fellow - Hand and Microsurgery: Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Dr. Brian T Carlsen MD's Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Brian T Carlsen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carlsen
- Pins and Needles: Types, Causes, and Treatment
Feeling your hands and feet going numb is a very normal condition that most of us experience at some point or the other. It is a feeling when one cannot feel any sensation in the affected parts of the body. In most cases, numbness or the feeling called ‘pins and needles’ occurs due to a...
- Zinc Deficiency
What is zinc?Zinc is a mineral that plays an important role in many different chemical reactions in your body. The human body uses this mineral to fight off infections, maintain acid-base balance, promote growth and development, boost antioxidant activity, and regulate gene expression, among...
- Rosacea: What to Expect When You Visit a Dermatologist
Rosacea is a chronic disorder affecting the facial skin. It is characterized by sporadic eruptions of red patches on the cheeks, nose, forehead or chin. Over a period of time, the symptoms exacerbate, with the appearance of visible blood vessels if left untreated, the skin in the area develops...
- How Can I Tell the Difference Between the Flu and a Cold?
With similar symptoms, these two conditions are often very difficult to distinguish from each other. Look closer and you can tell them apart with ease. Now, why should you know whether it is a cold or a flu? Understanding the condition would help you to take the right medications. Moreover, it will...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Dr. Peter Colby Amadio M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Scott P Steinmann M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Julie Elizabeth Adams M.D.200 1ST ST SW ROCHESTER MN 55905
- Dr. Adam Jess Bakker MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Bradley Cox Carofino M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Tamara Alexandrov MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905