Dr. Elena Balestreire Hawryluk M.D., PH.D.
Dermatologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Dermatology123 Summer St Internal Medicine, S Worcester MA, 01608
Dr. Elena Hawryluk is a pediatric dermatologist practicing in Worcester, MA. Dr. Hawryluk specializes in the skin care of children. Pediatric dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions that affect infants, children and teens. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Pediatric dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Hawryluk diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus 2005
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Histopathology of measles exanthem: a case with characteristic features and eosinophils.
- 'Monster cell' melanoma with pulmonary metastasis and cyclin D1 amplification.
- Melanoma: clinical features and genomic insights.
- Papulopustular acneiform eruptions resulting from trastuzumab, a HER2 inhibitor.
- Enlargement of eccrine angiomatous hamartoma following trauma.
- Pigmented purpuric dermatosis: a striking but benign cutaneous entity.
- Evolving Childhood Melanoma Monitored by Parental Photodocumentation.
- Risk of melanocytic nevi and nonmelanoma skin cancer in children after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Dermatology Foundation Pediatric Dermatology Fellowship Award 2013
- Skin Issues
- Nevi (moles)
- Children's Hospital Boston
- Boston Children's Hospital, Fellow:Pediatric Dermatology 2013
Dr. Elena Balestreire Hawryluk M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Worcester, MA 01608Get Direction
BOSTON, MA 02115Get Direction
- Everything Parents Should Know Before Treating Heat Rash
Heat rash, which is also called as "miliaria" or "prickly heat" is a condition that affects the skin mostly out of a blockage of the sweat ducts. The blockage of these sweat pores is mostly known to be as a result of excess sweating, which leaves the pores unable to excrete all the sweat. Upon...
- Scabies Rash Pictures
What is scabies?Scabies is a contagious skin condition characterized by small and itchy red spots caused by a tiny mite called Sarcoptes scabiei. Mites tend to burrow into the skin, which urges an individual to itch. Itching often worsens during nighttime. Scabies can spread through prolonged...
- What Is Molluscum Contagiosum? Treatment and Home Remedies
Molluscum contagiosum is a contagious skin infection, which is mostly seen in children and the elderly. The infection comes with uneven bumps on the skin, which get bigger in size. The bumps are itchy and develop blisters when scratched. Sexually active adults are usually affected by this skin...
- What Is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
What is seborrheic dermatitis?Seborrheic dermatitis, or seborrhea, is a common skin disease that has no known direct cause. It is characterized by a red, itchy rash on the skin, often on the scalp, with scaly patches that flake off. It looks similar to eczema, psoriasis or an allergic reaction....
- How to Identify Insect Bites and Stings
The cause or severity of insect bites or stings can be determined by the symptoms. Most bug bite symptoms cause itchy or painful red bumps. Other insect bites can cause welts or blisters. The following are some clues of common insect bites:...
- What Is Baby Acne?
What is Baby Acne?Does your child have more pimples than those of an eighth grader? This pimply appearance of puberty is very common, often beginning at two to three weeks of age. It affects more than forty percent of all infants. Fortunately, it isn’t permanent and doesn’t cause any trouble to...