Dr. Paul Amoroso is an aerospace medicine specialist practicing in Tacoma, WA. Dr. Amoroso provides primary care services for professionals like pilots and crewmembers who work and travel in the air or space. As an aerospace medicine specialist, Dr. Amoroso discovers, manages and prevents health issues that result from traveling in extreme environments. These physicians are particularly trained in diseases that may arise from air travel, and work to keep airmen healthy and safe.
Education and Training
Uniformed Services Univ Of The Hlth Sci- Bethesda Md 1985
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- The natural history and risk factors of musculoskeletal conditions resulting in disability among US Army personnel.
- Drinking and other risk taking behaviors of enlisted male soldiers in the US Army.
- Hospitalizations for fall-related injuries among active-duty Army soldiers, 1980-1998.
- The effect of cigarette smoking on musculoskeletal-related disability.
- Epidemiology of U.S. Army cold weather injuries, 1980-1999.
- The reliability and validity of the self-reported drinking measures in the Army's Health Risk Appraisal survey.
- Occupational disability after hospitalization for the treatment of an injury of the anterior cruciate ligament.
- Laser eye injuries in military occupations.
- An analysis of 3599 midfacial and 1141 orbital blowout fractures among 4426 United States Army Soldiers, 1980-2000.
- The effect of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction on the risk of knee reinjury.
- Motor vehicle fatalities among men in the U.S. Army from 1980 to 1997.
- Does occupation explain gender and other differences in work-related eye injury hospitalization rates?
- Risk of breast cancer among enlisted Army women occupationally exposed to volatile organic compounds.
- Epidemiology of hospitalizations and deaths from heat illness in soldiers.
- Prior heat illness hospitalization and risk of early death.
- Usaf Sch Aerospace Med, Aerospace Medicine; Tripler Army Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Paul J Amoroso MD, MPH's Practice location
Tacoma, WA 98431Get Direction
Tacoma, WA 98431Get Direction
Dr. Paul J Amoroso MD, MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Katy Perry Fan Wishes Bullies Would Stop Picking on Sister with Autism
There exist several forms of bullying – physical, emotional, verbal, educational, and property destruction. Nowadays, cyberbullying is also on the rise.While social media networks are a great way to connect and interact with others, they can also be used in harmful ways to humiliate others....
- Moderate Exercise May Increase the Chances of Conception
Moderate physical activity may help make a woman fertile, but rigorous exercise may delay the efforts, reports a new study. The study examined the effect of exercise on fertility, and showed that intense physical activity increases the time for conception in women who are of normal body weight,...
- What is Avulsion?: Types, Symptoms of Avulsion and Fracture
Avulsion is a commonly found injury among sportspersons. An avulsion is a kind of injury in which a body part is torn away from its normal position. This mainly affects the soft tissues. Avulsion can cause immense bleeding.Avulsion is made possible by a violent force, which sometimes tears off the...
- Understanding the Health Benefits of Potassium
We all know that potassium is one of the essential nutrients our body needs to perform different functions. Along with other key macrominerals including magnesium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, sulfur, and chloride, our body needs potassium to maintain a healthy metabolism.Our body does not naturally...
- How Is Heat Rash Diagnosed?
Heat rash is a skin condition that is also called as "miliaria". It occurs as a result of excessive sweating that leads to the blocking of sweat glands. Once your sweat glands are blocked, sweat accumulates in the skin layers causing rashes. Most the symptoms of this condition are characterized by...
- Clean Sleeping and Its Benefits for Sleep Apnea Patients
A lot of scientists focus on conducting research about the benefits of healthy sleeping, as well as the effects of having not enough sleep. Sleep is considered as a mysterious part of the human lives since there is no known scientific explanation why people sleep. However, despite this fact, sleep...
- Dr. Daniel L Gaffney MD690 Barnes Blvd Mcchord Afb WA 98438
- Dr. John R Andrus M.D., MPH690 Barnes Blvd Mcchord Afb WA 98438
- Dr. James Glazebrook Billingsley MD1901 S Union Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Harry Quigg Davis M.D.Madiagn Army Medical Center Tacoma WA 98431
- Dr. John Joseph O'brien MD9040 JACKSON AVE TACOMA WA 98431
- Dr. Lena Friend M.D.9040 FITZSIMMONS DR JOINT BASE LEWIS MCCHORD WA 98431