Dr. Joseph Corey practices Neuropathology in Ann Arbor, MI. Dr. Corey studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1998
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Genetic disorders producing compressive radiculopathy.
- Conducting-polymer nanotubes improve electrical properties, mechanical adhesion, neural attachment, and neurite outgrowth of neural electrodes.
- Accelerated neuritogenesis and maturation of primary spinal motor neurons in response to nanofibers.
- Electrospinning fundamentals: optimizing solution and apparatus parameters.
- The culture of primary motor and sensory neurons in defined media on electrospun
- Stages of neuronal morphological development in vitro--an automated assay.
- Electrospun fibers and tissue engineering.
- A culture system to study oligodendrocyte myelination processes using engineered nanofibers.
- Combining topographical and genetic cues to promote neuronal fate specification in stem cells.
- Synthesis, copolymerization and peptide-modification of carboxylic acid-functionalized 3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene (EDOTacid) for neural electrode interfaces.
- A rapid and reproducible assay for modeling myelination by oligodendrocytes using engineered nanofibers.
- Growth of primary motor neurons on horizontally aligned carbon nanotube thin films and striped patterns.
- Highly Aligned Poly(3,4-ethylene dioxythiophene) (PEDOT) Nano- and Microscale Fibers and Tubes.
- Dimethyl Fumarate Protects Neural Stem/Progenitor Cells and Neurons from
- Mechanical tension applied to substrate films specifies location of neuritogenesis and promotes major neurite growth at the expense of minor neurite development.
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Neurology; St Joseph Mercy Hlth Sys, Internal Medicine
- St Joseph Mercy Health Sys
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals 2002
Dr. Joseph M Corey MD's Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
Dr. Joseph M Corey MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Comedian with Muscular Dystrophy Discusses his Life and his Comedy
In a video shared by Gawker, comedian Steve Way talks with Rich Juzwiak on how muscular dystrophy impact his comedy and affect his life. Way shares the misconceptions that people have about him and how they think that he can’t talk. He also says that dating has been difficult. He met his...
- How an Understanding of Signaling Protein Can Help Treatment with Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is a neuromuscular disease that takes on multiple forms. It is caused by a genetic mutation, which makes cells unable to produce the proteins necessary for muscular growth. In muscular dystrophy, the tissues eventually break down and cause progressive muscular weakness.This...
- How BMI Negatively Impacts Dementia
Dementia refers to a large number of diseases that progressively affect the person’s ability to think correctly, which can compromise their functionality in many ways. Those who suffer from any of these diseases might exhibit a wide variety of symptoms, including language issues, learning...
- What Funding and Research Is There for Parkinson's Disease?
Researchers and fundraisers are upbeat and optimistic that one day they will find a cure for the condition. Research is also driven by people affected by Parkinson’s disease (PD). The aim of researchers is to control the progression of the disease, prevent the disease altogether and restore lost...
- The 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response by the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. Specifically, the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating scar...
- What Is Lumosity?
Introduction Lumosity is basically an online brain-training program, which consists of games to help in the improvement of flexibility, memory, attention span, the speed of processing information, quick problem-solving, and decision-making techniques. Lumos Labs was founded in the year 2005 by David...
- Dr. Iram Farah Zaman D.O.2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit MI 48202
- Dr. Sayyed Abdolvahhab Sohrab MD1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. William Todd Dauer M.D.710 W 168th St New York NY 10032
- Dr. James Robert Gramprie M.D.2300 Genoa Business Park Dr Brighton MI 48114
- Dr. Nawaf H Murshed M.D.34815 W. Michigan Ave Wayne MI 48184
- Dr. Seema Kumar MD1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109