Dr. Rafael Cires-drouet is a cardiologist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Cires-drouet specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Cires-drouet also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Rafael S. Cires-drouet M.D.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78223Get Direction
BALTIMORE, MD 21201Get Direction
Dr. Rafael S. Cires-drouet M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial fibrillation refers to irregular heart rhythm with rapid heartbeat that affect the blood flow in the body. In this condition, the irregular heartbeat starts in the upper chambers of the heart, the atria. The irregularity in the heart beat results from the problem in the electrical system of...
- What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?
What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?Heart failure is called by other names, such as congestive heart failure (CHF), cardiac failure, left-sided heart failure, and right-sided heart failure.The heart is an organ that pumps blood to various parts of the body and is a little larger than...
- How Can a Cardioverter-Defibrillator Treat Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive heart failure is a common condition affecting the muscles of the heart and peripheries of the body. It leads to inefficient pumping action from the heart, which in turn results in a lesser amount of blood reaching the various parts of the body. Being highly prevalent in people aged over...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Overweight Children Are Likely to Have High Blood Pressure
A new study published in the journal, Hypertension, shows that a child who is overweight is at risk of high blood pressure, three times more than an average weight child. In this study 1,111 children were followed up for an average of four years. Height weight and blood pressure of the...
- Dr. Mark A. Shima MD6500 Hospital Drive Hannibal Missouri 63401
- Dr. Pedro Augustin Rivas M.D.7434 Louis Pasteur Drive San Antonio Texas 78229
- Ramavathi Nandyala6547 Jade Meadow San Antonio Texas 78249
- Dr. Devraj Upendra Nayak M.D.495 10th Street Floresville Texas 78114
- Dr. Umang H Shah MD15211 89th Ave Jamaica NY 11432
- Dr. Madhu B Challapalli MD4411 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229