Dr. Howard Terry Jacobs MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1838 Greene Tree Rd Suite 350 Pikesville MD, 21208
Dr. Howard Jacobs practices Pulmonology in Pikesville, MD. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Jacobs manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1981
University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools 1981
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1981
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Analysis of the trinucleotide CAG repeat from the human mitochondrial DNA polymerase gene in healthy and diseased individuals.
- Mitochondrial DNA--all things bad?
- Modelling in Escherichia coli of mutations in mitoribosomal protein S12: novel mutant phenotypes of rpsL.
- The dangers of extended PCR in the clinic.
- Expression of the gene for mitoribosomal protein S12 is controlled in human cells at the levels of transcription, RNA splicing, and translation.
- Molecular phenotype of the np 7472 deafness-associated mitochondrial mutation in osteosarcoma cell cybrids.
- Genotypic stability, segregation and selection in heteroplasmic human cell lines containing np 3243 mutant mtDNA.
- The np 3243 MELAS mutation: damned if you aminoacylate, damned if you don't.
- Coupled leading- and lagging-strand synthesis of mammalian mitochondrial DNA.
- In vivo functional analysis of the human mitochondrial DNA polymerase POLG expressed in cultured human cells.
- No sex please, we're mitochondria: a hypothesis on the somatic unit of inheritance of mammalian mtDNA.
- The human homologue of the yeast mitochondrial AAA metalloprotease Yme1p complements a yeast yme1 disruptant.
- The mitochondrial inner membrane AAA metalloprotease family in metazoans.
- Human mtDNA sublimons resemble rearranged mitochondrial genoms found in pathological states.
- Novel coding-region polymorphisms in mitochondrial seryl-tRNA synthetase (SARSM)
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Pulmonary Diseases; Univ Of Md Med Sys, Internal Medicine
Dr. Howard Terry Jacobs MD's Practice location
Pikesville, MD 21208Get Direction
Dr. Howard Terry Jacobs MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jacobs
- Pneumonia: Visiting a Lung Specialist
For a person suffering from pneumonia it is important to visit a lung specialist for guidance on how to treat and prevent pneumonia. Most people do not visit a specialist until the problem has become more serious, which can be dangerous. However, there are a number of things you should know before...
- Can Asthma Develop in Adulthood?
In the not-so-distant past, researchers believed that asthma was a condition that always developed during childhood, and one that merely worsened in later adulthood. That theory has since been proven wrong, as asthma has begun to affect problem-free individuals in their thirties and later adult...
- What Could Happen if My Pneumonia Remains Untreated?
There are several types of pneumonia that vary in their degree of seriousness. Pneumonia caused by a viral infection can make people feel very sick with fever, cough, and tiredness. However, viral pneumonia tends to go away on its own after some time. A "walking pneumonia" is a mild case of...
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- Procedure Found to Help Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers have recently found that the simple procedure of inhaling hypertonic saline solution, or HSS, can increase sputum production and improve pathogen identification in children. This breakthrough will act as a benefit to many suffering from cystic fibrosis who are unable to spontaneously...
- Helping a Child with Cystic Fibrosis Find Hope
Cystic fibrosis is a serious and debilitating illness that is lifelong, affecting people often from infancy. What some people may not realize is how difficult it may be for children to understand what is happening to their body.Most small children with the disease have gone through more difficult...
- Dr. Amit Narula D.O.224 WASHINGTON HEIGHTS MED CTR WESTMINSTER MD 21157
- Dr. Toshita Kumar MBBS2401 W Belvedere Ave Baltimore MD 21215
- Dr. Alan Schwartz M.D.5300 Alpha Commons Dr Baltimore MD 21224
- Dr. William Krimsky M.D.9103 Franklin Square Dr Rosedale MD 21237
- Dr. Marie D Chatham M.D.6535 N Charles St Towson MD 21204
- Dr. Chi-shiang Chen MD301 Saint Paul Pl Baltimore MD 21202