Dr. James Pellicane Jr. is a general surgeon practicing in Midlothian, VA. Dr. Pellicane Jr. specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Pellicane Jr. provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1988
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1988
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Preventable complications and death from multiple organ failure among geriatric trauma victims.
- Chemosensitivity predicted by BluePrint 80-gene functional subtype and MammaPrint in the Prospective Neoadjuvant Breast Registry Symphony Trial (NBRST).
- Impact of Tumor Size on Probability of Pathologic Complete Response After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy.
- Decreased lactate in endotoxin-resistant mice undergoing hemorrhage is independent of tumor necrosis factor availability.
- Hemorrhagic shock in endotoxin-resistant mice: improved survival unrelated to deficient production of tumor necrosis factor.
- Meckel's diverticulum: a ten-year experience.
- Breast Cancer
- Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, General Surgery; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Urology
- Med College Of Virginia / Virginia Commonwealth University 1989
Dr. James V. Pellicane Jr., MD's Practice location
Midlothian, VA 23114Get Direction
Midlothian, VA 23114Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. James V. Pellicane Jr., MD | Surgical Oncologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. James V. Pellicane Jr., MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pellicane Jr.
- How to Prepare for Gallbladder Surgery
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly undertaken surgeries. The Gallbladder...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Appendectomy Aftercare
What is an Appendectomy?The appendix is a pouch-like organ situated in the lower right abdomen in the first part of the large intestine. The importance or function that is carried out by this structure is not very clear, hence it is referred to as a "vestigial structure". When the appendix causes...
- Gallbladder Surgery: Its Possible Complications
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is a surgical procedure used to remove gallstones or a damaged gallbladder. Also known as cholecystectomy, it involves making small incisions in the abdomen. Your abdomen is inflated with carbon dioxide or air during the procedure to enable the surgeon to get a clear...
- Is Appendicitis a Lifelong Condition?
What is appendicitis?Appendicitis is one of the most common causes of abdominal pain not only in the United States but in the whole world. It is said that in America alone, 5 percent of the population have experienced appendicitis at one point in their lives. In England, 1 in every 13 people had...
- Dr. Kanene V. Ubesie M.D.9 Medical Parkway Dallas TX 75234
- Dr. Rashmi Pradhan Vaidya M.D8266 Atlee Rd Mechanicsville VA 23116
- Dr. Katherine Menk Trahan M.D.500 Martha Jefferson Drive Charlottesville VA 22911
- Dr. Jaime Lynne Bohl MD1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Michael Grillon MD8262 Atlee Rd Mechanicsville VA 23116
- Dr. Brian Jay Kaplan M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298