Dr. Karen Gustafson MD
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology800 SPRUCE ST PHILADELPHIA PA, 19107
I chose Fox Chase so that I could be part of an institution that focuses on cancer patient care and research. Expert pathologists within the Department of Pathology work closely with each other and wi ...
Education and Training
University of Mn Med Sch 1996
University of Minnesota Medical Scientist Training Program
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Cytopathology- 2004
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- 2002
- H.T. Enterline Fellowship in Surgical Pathology Award, Hospital of the 2003 University of Pennsylvania
- Member College of American Pathologists
- Member United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Member Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology
- Member American Society of Cytopathology
- Cytopathology Fellow, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 2004
- Surgical Pathology Fellow, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, PA 2003
Dr. Karen Gustafson MD's Practice location
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19107Get Direction
Dr. Karen Gustafson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gustafson
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Ozem Kulak130 S 9th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. William P. Frampton D.O.132 S 10th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Zissimos Mourelatos MD800 SPRUCE ST PHILADELPHIA PA 19107
- Dr. Jay H. Herman M.D.132 S 10th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Juan P. Palazzo M.D.1020 Locust St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Obiajulu Hans Iwenofu MD800 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19107