Dr. Michael Parnes is a general surgeon practicing in San Rafael, CA. Dr. Parnes specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Parnes provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1993
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 1993
- Univ Of Nm Sch Of Med, General Surgery St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, General Surgery
- University of New Mexico Program
Dr. Michael Parnes MD's Practice location
San Rafael, CA 94903Get Direction
Dr. Michael Parnes MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Parnes
- Is Anal Fissure Surgery Dangerous?
Anal Fissure SurgeryIf other medications fail to get rid of anal fissure, a surgical procedure known as internal anal sphincterotomy may be necessary. It involves a small incision in one of the two anal muscles and is considered to be a minor surgery. Hence it can be offered as an outpatient...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: Can I Afford It?
Gastric bypass surgery has become a popular weight loss procedure, and can be considered the gold standard for weight loss surgeries. However, the cost of gastric bypass surgery is sky-high, and this is one of most common factors taken into consideration ahead of surgery.In the normal digestive...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Recovery from an Appendectomy
The surgical removal of the appendix is very safe nowadays because of laparoscopy, which basically involves inserting a little tube with a camera on it to see the internal parts of the body. In a laparoscopy, surgeons will make a very small incision and see everything in detail while they...
- What Is Cholecystitis?
What is cholecystitis?Cholecystitis is the inflammation of the gallbladder, which is a pear-shaped organ situated under the liver. The gallbladder serves as the storage organ for bile until it is needed for the digestion of fatty foods in the duodenum or the first segment of the small...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- Dr. Vivian Ting MD400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Gabriel Hernando Patino M.D.6328 Fairmount Ave El Cerrito CA 94530
- Eugene C Groeger Other2645 Ocean Ave San Francisco CA 94132
- Dr. John Maa MD400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Jaime Lynne Bohl MD1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Jonathan Todd Carter M.D.513 Parnassus Ave Rm S-321 San Francisco CA 94143