Dr. Maja Sandberg is a general surgeon practicing in Redding, CA. Dr. Sandberg specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Sandberg provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1977
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Vascular Surgery; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, General Surgery
Dr. Maja K Sandberg M.D.'s Practice location
Redding, CA 96001Get Direction
Okoboji, IA 51355Get Direction
REDDING, CA 96001Get Direction
Dr. Maja K Sandberg M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sandberg
- How to Prepare for a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Such procedure is performed as a result of many causes. In most cases, a cholecystectomy is performed to relieve the patient from complications caused by the inflammation of the gallbladder.A gallbladder is an organ that is located just...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- Is Anal Fissure Surgery Dangerous?
Anal Fissure SurgeryIf other medications fail to get rid of anal fissure, a surgical procedure known as internal anal sphincterotomy may be necessary. It involves a small incision in one of the two anal muscles and is considered to be a minor surgery. Hence it can be offered as an outpatient...
- Appendectomy Aftercare
What is an Appendectomy?The appendix is a pouch-like organ situated in the lower right abdomen in the first part of the large intestine. The importance or function that is carried out by this structure is not very clear, hence it is referred to as a "vestigial structure". When the appendix causes...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Hydroclectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a surgical procedure that is aimed to treat or remove hydrocele. A hydrocele is a fluid-filled balloon that is formed around the testicle. It is a normal thing for males to have a thin layer of fluid around the testicle. This fluid is periodically produced and drained to prevent...
- Diagnosing Appendicitis During Pregnancy
Diagnosing appendicitis during pregnancy is difficult because its symptoms are quite similar to those of pregnancy. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of this condition and consult your doctor immediately if you feel that the signs and symptoms you are experiencing are indicative of...
- Mr. Joseph Lewis Campanelli MD2510 AIRPARK DR STE 301 REDDING CA 96001
- Dr. Heather Fleharty Warren MD2656 EDITH AVE STE B REDDING CA 96001
- Dr. Lawrence Robert Ghelfi M.D.2644 EDITH AVE REDDING CA 96001
- Jonathan Stanley Jewkes M.D.2020 COURT ST REDDING CA 96001
- Dr. Robert Michael Taylor MD2656 Edith Ave Redding CA 96001
- Dr. Ian P Grady MD1335 Buenaventura Blvd Redding CA 96001