Dr. Betsy Varghese practices Geriatric Medicine in Stony Brook, NY. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Varghese works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 2005
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Allergic Reaction
- Stomach Flu
- Vascular Disease
Dr. Betsy Varghese MD's Practice location
Stony Brook, NY 11794Get Direction
Ozone Park, NY 11417Get Direction
Dr. Betsy Varghese MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Arthritis: 5 Tips on Living with Arthritis
Living with arthritis is never easy. People who are suffering from this disease will tell you that for sure. You will face constant pain in your arms, legs, your back, and joints. In a word, you will feel like your bones are falling apart. Equally important is that the pain can have a serious impact...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to affect the nerve cells, which produce the brain chemical called dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system, which can affect movements of the body. This disease gradually develops, wherein there is hardly any...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- Anti-Tremor Medications for Parkinson's Disease
IntroductionParkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive disorder. In this disorder, the movements of the individual are affected. When we say progressive, it means that as time passes by, the symptoms related to the disease tend to worsen. Parkinson’s disease does not have a complete cure...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- Facts About Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is a common medical condition among older adults that affects the brain. It is also one of the most common forms of dementia. One of the common misconceptions associated with this disorder is that it is a disease of the elderly. While it is true that age is an important risk factor...
- Dr. Louis Greenblatt DO533 Route 111 Hauppauge NY 11788
- Dr. Suzanne Fields M.D.205 N Belle Meade Rd East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Mithil Choksey M.D.226 Mill Hill Ave Bridgeport CT 06610
- Dr. Leonid Basovich MD, DO, DAOBFP565 Route 25a Miller Place NY 11764
- Dr. Karen Ann Dominger D.O.100 Patriots Rd Stony Brook NY 11790
- Dr. Kenneth A Mercer MD MPH10 E 85th St New York NY 10028