Dr. Benjamin Allen is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Rogers, AR. Dr. Allen specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Allen is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Allen are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Dr. Benjamin E Allen DMD MD's Practice location
Rogers, AR 72758Get Direction
EDINA, MN 55435Get Direction
Dr. Benjamin E Allen DMD MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Importance of Body Image for People Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Taking care of body image when living with rheumatoid arthritis can be a challenge. It's hard to feel good when the rest of the body feels just the opposite.When it comes to RA, the body is constantly attacking itself. It's easy to feel betrayed by something that is uncontrollable. Bones and muscles...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Dr. Aneet K Sharma MD, DDS2926 W Huntsville Ave Springdale AR 72762
- Dr. Steven A Skoch DDS1708 E Joyce Blvd Fayetteville AR 72703
- Dr. Scott L Bolding DDS2926 W Huntsville Ave Springdale AR 72762
- Dr. Mark Andrew Baber DDS3333 Pinnacle Hills Parkway Rogers AR 72758
- Dr. David Scott Baker DDS591 Horsebarn Rd Rogers AR 72758
- Dr. Laurence D. Pfeiffer DDS, MD1100 N COLLEGE AVE FAYETTEVILLE AR 72703