Dr. Kathy Marks practices Pulmonology in Pollocksville, NC. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Marks manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Temple University School of Medicine 1989
Dr. Kathy Ann Marks M.D.'s Practice location
Pollocksville, NC 28573Get Direction
Dr. Kathy Ann Marks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Becoming an Advocate for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation was founded in 1955 by a group of concerned parents who were determined to save their children’s lives. At the time, very little was known about cystic fibrosis and children with the disease were not expected to live past their elementary school years.However, thanks...
- Groundbreaking Triple-Therapy Could Be on the Horizon for Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers work around the clock and the world to find new discoveries in terms of cystic fibrosis treatment. Thanks to foundations, donations, and ongoing research, cystic fibrosis has made leaps and bounds as far as treatment is concerned. There is one pharmaceutical company at the forefront of...
- Pneumonia: Visiting a Lung Specialist
For a person suffering from pneumonia it is important to visit a lung specialist for guidance on how to treat and prevent pneumonia. Most people do not visit a specialist until the problem has become more serious, which can be dangerous. However, there are a number of things you should know before...
- A Cystic Fibrosis App to Bring Data to Market
For many people with CF, remembering their daily treatment regimens and medication schedules can seem daunting and difficult. Most patients acclaim that if they had a resource, such as an app, that would make their health management easier to handle, that they would love to try it. In addition to...
- Firefighters from Around the World Take Steps Toward Cystic Fibrosis Research
As a firefighter, Wes Loucks received countless emergency phone calls throughout his 32 years of service for the Portland Fire and Rescue Bureau. After retiring, he received a personal call for help from his own family. His two grandsons were both born with cystic fibrosis (CF), a chronic genetic...
- Fat-Soluble Vitamins Could Help Fight Cystic Fibrosis
Doctors and medical professionals in recent years have prescribed numerous antibiotics to cystic fibrosis patients in order to counteract Burkholderia cenocepacia, bacteria that are known to cause lung infections in those with cystic fibrosis.It has become apparent in recent years that these...
- Dr. Terrence P Wolanski MD317 Western Blvd Jacksonville NC 28546
- Dr. Craig Mathew Zavelo MD670 Cardinal Place New Bern NC 28562
- Dr. Evan Ryan Restelli D.O.1050 Bower Hill Rd Pittsburgh PA 15243
- Dr. Ralph A Redding M.D.5019 Clubhouse Dr New Bern NC 28562
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Barger MD8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda MD 20889
- Dr. Roy N Everett MD137 Medical Lane Pollocksville NC 28573