Dr. Abhay Shelke is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Rochester, NY. Dr. Shelke specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
SHRI VASANTRAO NAIR GOV MED COLL, AMRAVATI UNIV, YAVATMAL, MAHARASHTRA
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- The pathophysiology of treatment-related nausea and vomiting in cancer patients: current models.
- Management of cancer-related fatigue.
- The role of patients' response expectancies in side effect development and control.
- Biobehavioral factors in chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
- Chemically deposited nano grain composed MoS(2) thin films for supercapacitor application.
- MemberAmerican Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Member American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- Member American College of Physicians (ACP)
Dr. Abhay R Shelke MD's Practice location
Rochester, NY 14621Get Direction
Rochester, NY 14626Get Direction
TOLEDO, OH 43623Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Abhay R Shelke MD | Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Abhay R Shelke MD's reviewsWrite Review
- John Quinones Teams Up With Survivors For Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Many cancer patients suffer in silence, with the public being largely unaware of the different types of cancer and how they affect patients. Most people obviously know that cancer is well, a bad thing, but there is a lot of nuance and important information that is lost on the common citizen. Most...
- Tips for Young Adult Lymphoma Survivors to Make the Most of Recovery
It is extremely difficult to reenter the world and normal life after battling lymphoma. Recovery is much more than the body's physical battle, but how to balance emotions and relationships as well.However, there are specific tools that can assist in adapting back into a life that may seem...
- The Promising Future of Gene Therapy and Lymphoma
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma affects over 700,000 people in America alone. Though current treatments are moderately effective, especially for aggressive forms of the disease, more can be done to help people impacted by NHL. Researchers are doing just that by working to develop new, innovative treatment for...
- Promising Results for Hodgkin Patients Using This Therapy
Researcher Dr. Bradford S. Hoppe and his colleagues at the University of Florida College of Medicine have recently found that the addition of proton therapy to first-line chemotherapy regimens may improve outcomes for patients with Hodgkin lymphoma.Lymphoma is classically treated with both...
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to Expand Mission Against Blood Cancer
On July 19, 2017, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, or LLS, proclaimed that they would be expanding their initiative to beat acute myeloid leukemia. Referred to as "Beat AML Master Trial", the project aims to test new and innovative treatments for those suffering from AML. For more information...
- Lymphoma, the Persistence of Inspirational Women, and the Power of Language
Each year, Leukemia and Blood Cancer New Zealand (LBC) sponsors their Blood Cancer Patient Forum. They invite speakers to bring them news about such topics as treatment advances and management of cancer from a fully developed psycho-social perspective. Essentially, they dish up good old-fashioned...
- Dr. John M Bennett M.D.601 Elmwood Avenue Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. William Muuse MD600 Roe Avenue Elmira NY 14905
- Dr. Gregory Connolly M.D.601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Omar Salah Aljitawi M.D.1500 Duarte Rd Duarte CA 91010
- Dr. Peter Kouides M.D.1425 Portland Ave Rochester NY 14621
- Dr. Maria Sbenghe M.D.1425 Portland Ave Rochester NY 14621