Carlos Pires, DMD, MSD, is a leading dentist currently serving patients at Winter Park Periodontics and Dental Implants in Winter Park, Florida. Throughout his twenty-three years of practice, he has accrued extensive expertise in periodontics and dental implants. After earning his Dental Medicine Doctor degree at Universidade S£o Francisco Bragana Paulista, Dr. Pires completed his Master of Science degree in Dentistry at Case Western Reserve University and completed his postgraduate training at the University of Michigan Medical Center. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the Academy of Osseointegration, the American Dental Association, the Florida Dental Association. He holds Fellowship status in the institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry.
- Reproductive dormancy in boll-weevil from populations of the midwest of Brazil.
- Field evaluation of Bt cotton crop impact on nontarget pests: cotton aphid and boll weevil.
- Quantification of larval food and its pollen content in the diet of stingless bees - subsidies for toxicity bioassays studies.
- Survival and preference of cotton boll weevil adults for alternative food sources.
- The effect of smiling and of head tilting on person perception.
- University of Michigan Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- Academy of Osseointegration, American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Fellowship Status in the institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Scuba Diving
Dr. Carlos Pires DMD, MSD, MSD's Practice location
Independence, OH 44131Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Carlos Pires DMD, MSD, MSD | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Carlos Pires DMD, MSD, MSD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...
- Metal Taste in Mouth
Why does my mouth taste like metal?The perception of a metallic taste in the mouth is a symptom that can be found for several reasons. In some cases, this aftertaste depends on mild and transient conditions, sometimes it may be the warning of some more serious pathologies.Among the possible causes:...
- What is a Tooth Abscess?
A tooth abscess refers to the accumulation of pus caused by a bacterial infection at the root of the tooth or between the tooth and gum. Abscess at the tip of the root is known as periapical abscess, while those found in the gums are referred to as periodontal abscesses. Tooth abscesses should be...
- Plaque Attack: Habits That Lead to Plaque Formation
It goes without saying that good habits are the key for healthy teeth without plaque. Richard Price, DMD, spokesman for the American Dental Association, says that having teeth without plaque is easy. One needs to be consistent with healthy habits to have the best results.Plaque is a film of bacteria...
- Illinois Dental Practice Offers Sleep Apnea Treatment
There are a few options for treating sleep apnea.¬† The most common that many people are familiar with is using a CPAP machine.¬† CPAP machines work wonders for most patients.¬† Some patients choose to get surgery to try to correct the problem.¬† The least known treatment for sleep apnea can...
- Osteoporosis and Oral Health
What is Osteoporosis?Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones all over the body. It is a medical condition characterized by a weakness of the bones, due to different factors, leading to fractures of the bones due to minor trauma or no trauma at all. Major causes of osteoporosis are¬†age,...
- Michael D. Stern D.D.S.34500 Chardon Rd Willoughby Hills OH 44094
- Dr. Dennis J. Schirripa D.D.S.3637 Medina Road Medina Ohio 44256
- Dr. Daniel Lee Koplow D.D.S.559 Pikes Peak Avenue Colorado Springs Colorado 80903
- Dr. John C. Oswald D.D.S.5885 State Road Parma Ohio 44134
- Dr. Walid R Thabet DDS3370 w 117th street Cleveland Oh 44111
- Dr. Mary-ann Zanoudakis Wolf D.D.S.757 Graham Rd Cuyahoga Falls OH 44221