Dr. Jarvik leads the University of Washington's Division of Medical Genetics and the Northwest Institute of Genetic Medicine, which focuses on the translation of human genetic research into clinical medicine. ...
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1987
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 1987
Univ. of Iowa 1987
Medical GeneticsAmerican Board of Medical GeneticsABMG
- Impact of family structure on the power of linkage tests using sib-pair methods.
- Analysis of paraoxonase (PON1) L55M status requires both genotype and phenotype.
- Paraoxonase (PON1) phenotype is a better predictor of vascular disease than is PON1(192) or PON1(55) genotype.
- Polymorphisms in the human paraoxonase (PON1) promoter.
- Clinical characteristics of prostate cancer in an analysis of linkage to four putative susceptibility loci.
- Genetic association studies: genes in search of diseases.
- Affective disorders and Alzheimer disease: a missing-link hypothesis.
- Pharmacogenomic considerations of the paraoxonase polymorphisms.
- Functional genomic of the paraoxonase (PON1) polymorphisms: effects on pesticide sensitivity, cardiovascular disease, and drug metabolism.
- Oligogenic segregation analysis of hereditary prostate cancer pedigrees: evidence for multiple loci affecting age at onset.
- Evidence of linkage of HDL level variation to APOC3 in two samples with different ascertainment.
- Genomic scan of 254 hereditary prostate cancer families.
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Internal Medicine
- Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
- Hosp. of the Univ. of PA
- UW - Dept. of Genetics
Dr. Gail P Jarvik M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Seattle, WA 98195Get Direction
Dr. Gail P Jarvik M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- Is My Child More Likely to Develop Autism if a Blood Relative Has Autism?
Autism characterized by impaired social interactions reduced verbal and non-verbal communication and stereotyped behavior and activities. These symptoms appear in early childhood and impair or limit everyday functioning.Autism and geneticsResearchers believe that both environment and genetics play a...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Ian A Glass Other4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Anne V Hing Other4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Christina Laukaitis MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195
- Michael J Bamshad Other4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Marshall Scott Horwitz OtherUniversity Of Washington Medical Ctr Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Heather C Mefford MD, PHD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195