Dr. Gerard Aranha is a general surgeon practicing in Maywood, IL. Dr. Aranha specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Aranha provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Bangalore Med Coll, Bangalore Univ, Bangalore, Karnataka, India 1968
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore Medcl Colg 1969
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Edward Hines Jr Va Hosp, General Surgery; Advocate Christ Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Loyola Affil Hosps
Dr. Gerard Aranha MD's Practice location
Maywood, IL 60153Get Direction
Dr. Gerard Aranha MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What is Carpal Tunnel Release?
Carpal tunnel release surgery is a medical procedure that is used to relieve symptoms caused by carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Such symptoms include pain in the hand, tingling, and numbness. The procedure involves separating the ligaments in your hand to help relieve pressure on the nerve that...
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Is Appendicitis a Lifelong Condition?
What is appendicitis?Appendicitis is one of the most common causes of abdominal pain not only in the United States but in the whole world. It is said that in America alone, 5 percent of the population have experienced appendicitis at one point in their lives. In England, 1 in every 13 people had...
- Jaishankar Raman MBBS, MMED, FRACS, P180 Harvester Dr Willowbrook IL 60527
- Dr. Samson Chan MD2333 W. Irving Park Rd Chicago IL 60618
- Garcia Roca825 North Hoyne Avenue Chicago Illinois 60622
- Dr. Bryce Joseph chalmar Bardezbanian MD840 S Wood St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Troy Allen Pittman M.D.3800 Reservoir Road, Nw Washington DC 20007