Dr. Gary Kersten is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Kersten specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Kersten can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Kersten can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1976
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Saginaw Co-Op Hosps Inc, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Gary Lynn Kersten M.D.'s Practice location
Phoenix, AZ 85037Get Direction
Dr. Gary Lynn Kersten M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 3 Reasons Why You Would Need a Hysterectomy
The uterus or womb, which nurtures and gestates a growing fetus till it becomes mature enough for delivery, can also become the source of life-threatening complications that require surgical intervention. There are at least three prominent reasons why a hysterectomy (uterus removal) might be...
- Breaking: Asthma Drugs may not Actually Cause Birth Defects
A new study has shown that asthma treatment may not actually increase the risk of birth defects as generally thought. This is reassuring news for many pregnant women who have asthma and need treatment. There was a very mild increase in the risk of rare birth defects in women who took the medication...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatments for Preeclampsia?
Preeclampsia is a condition characterized by high blood pressure and the presence of excess protein in urine in women during the second half of pregnancy. If left undiagnosed and untreated, it may lead to a very serious condition called eclampsia. Eclampsia is risky to the baby and the mother, and...
- Are All Medications Safe During Pregnancy?
During pregnancy, it's important to think twice before popping a pill without consulting with your doctor first. Although some pills are non-prescription medications — and are readily available and convenient — it is always better to discuss taking any type of medication or pill with your...
- Autism and Fetal Environment: New Advancements in Research
The fetal development environment can be affected by factors in nature and changes both indoors and outdoors. Consider the complexity of the human body and the fact that it’s all taking place within another human being—it’s overwhelming.Such a complex creation is created within another being,...
- Smoking During Pregnancy is Linked to Blood Vessel Damage in Children
A new study published in the journal, Pediatrics, has shown that smoking during pregnancy is associated with increased risk of blood vessel damage in the child. In this study, enrolling 250 children, the body dimensions and lung functioning of the children were measured when they were 4-weeks-old....
- Eugenia G. Politis 85032
- Gino Tutera5410 N Scottsdale Rd Paradise Valley Arizona 85253
- Mandeep K. Kingra2545 West Frys Road Chandler Arizona 85224
- Dr. Debra Wickman MD485 S Dobson Rd Chandler AZ 85224
- Dr. Ernesto M. Gomez M.D.1039 North Country Club Drive Mesa Arizona 85201
- Ms. Carolyn Kenia Ross M.D.7580 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77056