Dr. Adeel Shamim is a general surgeon practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Shamim specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Shamim provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Dr. Adeel Ahmed Shamim M.D's Expert Contributions
Will need a bit more info regarding the "stomach related disorders." READ MORE
So like any surgery bariatric surgery also has the generic complications such as bleeding, infection, pain etc, along with complications that might arise from general anesthesia. Some specific complications to bariatric surgery will be dictated by the type of surgery you are getting eg sleeve vs bypass vs banding. I would talk to the surgeon to get a specific side effect profile. READ MORE
I suggest you go see a GI doctor. You may need an EGD to see the anatomy of your stomach and esophagus. Likewise, the medications they prescribe should help decrease the acid production of the stomach and hence mitigate the symptoms READ MORE
Laparoscopic procedures are great in that they result in patients resuming a normal life much more quicker compared to open cases. Typically within 4 weeks the patients feel well, however if complications arise, then the course can be prolonged. Smoking, taking steroids and getting infections are some of the common reasons for a longer recovery. READ MORE
This is a tricky situation because you have to balance the benefits with risks. The risk here is that the toe will cause the infection to spread (well beyond the foot in some cases) which will lead to a bigger amputation. Also, you need to know the blood supply to the foot; if not adequate, a simple toe amputation might not heal. The benefit is that a foot amputation takes care of the infection and affords healthy tissue time to heal. I suggest you discuss with the surgeon. READ MORE
Robotic surgery is slightly misleading in the sense that it suggests a robot is doing the surgery. In fact, the reality is that the surgeon is doing the surgery utilizing the robot in the process. It is a newer technique which just like laparoscopic surgery falls under the umbrella of minimally invasive surgery. Many procedures have been successfully performed with the help of surgical robots. READ MORE
- Vitamin D deficiency: a concern in premenopausal Bangladeshi women of two socio-economic groups in rural and urban region.
- Nasal encephaloceles presenting at later ages: experience of otorhinolaryngology department at a tertiary care center in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Surgical correction of aorto-pulmonary window: a rare and lethal cause of pulmonary hypertension.
- Adult laryngeal haemangioma; a rare entity.
- Juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma: experience at a tertiary care centre in Pakistan.
Dr. Adeel Ahmed Shamim M.D's Practice location
Washington, DC 20060Get Direction
Dr. Adeel Ahmed Shamim M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Potential Complications
A gastric bypass surgery is done to achieve weight loss, especially in individuals who are obese and overweight. This type of major abdominal surgery alters the stomach and intestines to limit a person's food intake.Annually, there are more than 200,000 Americans who undergo gastric bypass surgery....
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- How to Prepare for an Appendectomy
What Really Is Appendicitis?To understand the term appendicitis, you need first to understand what the appendix is. The appendix is a small structure that is finger-shaped and located in the abdomen in connection with the large intestines. More specifically, this structure is found on lower right...
- Recovering from a Laparoscopy
Patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery tell of different stories. They have varying views and opinions. Some say it is a harrowing experience, while others consider laparoscopy a minor surgery. It really all depends on the individual, because every human being responds differently to...
- Dr. Diana Caragacianu MD5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington DC 20016
- Dr. Kanene V. Ubesie M.D.3300 Gallows Rd Falls Church VA 22042
- Glenn W. Geelhoed16618 Kipling Road Derwood Maryland 20855
- Dr. Bharat Ranganath M.D.2300 M St NW Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Puja Gaur Khaitan M.D.110 IRVING ST NW STE G253 WASHINGTON DC 20010
- Dr. Elias George Debbas MD11711 Livingston Road Fort Washington Maryland 20744