Dr. David Quillen is a family practitioner practicing in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Quillen specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Quillen possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1992
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Improving management of type 2 diabetes mellitus: 3. Sulfonylureas.
- Improving management of type 2 diabetes mellitus: 5. Thiazolidinediones.
- Improving management of type 2 diabetes mellitus: 6. Chromium.
- Improving management of type 2 diabetes mellitus: 2. Biguanides.
- Improving management of type 2 diabetes mellitus: 1. alpha-Glucosidase inhibitors.
- Challenges and piffalls of developing and applying a competency-based curriculum.
- Type 2 diabetes management: a comprehensive clinical review of oral medications.
- Acute shoulder injuries.
- Crystal arthropathies: recognizing and treating "the gouch".
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Duke University Med Center
Dr. David M Quillen MD's Practice location
Gainesville, FL 32610Get Direction
GAINESVILLE, FL 32605Get Direction
Dr. David M Quillen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Quillen
- Polydipsia: What Causes Excessive Thirst?
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is a medical term given for extreme thirstiness. It is said to be one of the initial symptoms of diabetes. Polydipsia is also accompanied by either temporary or constant dryness in the mouth. It is very important to consume adequate amounts of water in a day, so that...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What Are Histamine Blockers and How Do They Work?
What are histamine blockers?Histamine blockers also called as antihistamines are medications that block or reduce histamine to stop the symptoms of allergy. Histamine is a chemical that is released by a type of white blood cell called mast cell in response to allergies or injuries. The cells that...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- Dr. Kim Marie Davidson M.D.4707 Nw 53rd Ave Gainesville FL 32653
- Dr. Elvira Silveria Mercado M.D.625 Sw 4th Ave Gainesville FL 32601
- Dr. Michael J Mctiernan MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Tan Duy Tran MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Deena O'toole M.D.3780 Nw 83rd St Gainesville FL 32606
- Mrs. Jennifer M Sidman M.D.4750 Sw 91st Drive Gainesville FL 32608