Dr. Cynthia Guy M.D.
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical PathologyDuke University Medical Ctr Durham NC, 27710
Dr. Cynthia Guy is a pathologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Guy is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Guy can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Guy may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1993
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Member USCAP
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Cytopathology; Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- Duke University Med Center
- Emory University Affiliated Hospitals 1993
- Duke University Medical Center, Cytopathology, NC, USA 1999
- Cytology, Duke University Medical Center 1998
Dr. Cynthia Guy M.D.'s Practice location
Durham, NC 27710Get Direction
Dr. Cynthia Guy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Guy
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Dr. Valerie Ann Murrah D.M.D.Unc School Of Dentistry Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Rajesh Dash M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Maureane Hoffman MD508 Fulton St Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Michael Datto M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Sarah M Bean MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Anand Lagoo M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710