Dr. Peter Hanks Maughan MD
Neurosurgeon5171 Cottonwood St Suite 950 Salt Lake City UT, 84107
Dr. Peter Maughan practices Neurological Surgery in Salt Lake City, UT. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Maughan prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Time course for recovery of water maze performance and central cholinergic innervation after fluid percussion injury.
- Cognitive impairment and synaptosomal choline uptake in rats following impact acceleration injury.
- Aplasia of the anterior arch of atlas associated with multiple congenital disorders: case report.
- Barrow Neurological Institute 2003
Dr. Peter Hanks Maughan MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84107Get Direction
Dr. Peter Hanks Maughan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maughan
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- Dr. Bruce S. Harris MD675 E 2100 S Salt Lake City UT 84106
- Dr. Peter T. Kan M.D.Department Of Neurosurgery University Of Utah Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Samuel Robert Browd M.D., PH.D.3125 Kennedy Dr Salt Lake City UT 84108
- Dr. Nathan Kinneer Friedline MD175 N Medical Drive Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Daniel W. Fults MD100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Mark Alexander Mahan MD50 N MEDICAL DR SALT LAKE CITY UT 84132