Dr. Kurt Alfred Fichtner M.D.
Cardiothoracic Surgeon6439 Garners Ferry Rd Dorn Veterans Medica Columbia SC, 29209
Dr. Kurt Fichtner is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Columbia, SC. Dr. Fichtner specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Fichtner typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University 1983
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Inguinal Hernia
- Sebaceous Cyst
- San Antonio Unif Ser Hlth Edu, Thoracic Surgery; Madigan Army Med Ctr, General Surgery; Miriam Hosp-Lifespan, Internal Medicine
- Madigan Army Medical Center
- Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital-Lifespan Program
Dr. Kurt Alfred Fichtner M.D.'s Practice location
Columbia, SC 29209Get Direction
Dr. Kurt Alfred Fichtner M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fichtner
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Dr. Scott James Petit MD8 Richland Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Reid Warren Tribble MD8 Richland Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Kalyan C. Vunnamadala M.D.Palmetto Health Richland Medical Education Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Jeffery Scott Martin MD8 Richland Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Robert John Mccardle MD811 W Main Street West Columbia SC 29169
- Dr. Jeffrey Allen Travis MD2728 Sunset Blvd West Columbia SC 29169