Dr. Robert Colbert practices Pediatric Rheumatology in Cincinnati, OH. Pediatric rheumatologists treat child patients who suffer from pain in the musculoskeletal system, have symptoms of arthritis, or an autoimmune disorder. Dr. Colbert evaluates and treats a variety of joint, muscle, and bone disorders; including autoimmune disorders, such as lupus, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, Kawasaki disease, post-infectious arthritis, chronic vasculitis, and inflammatory disorders of the muscle, eye, or other organs. Dr. Colbert also is trained in the evaluation of prolonged fever, unexplained complaints of chronic musculoskeletal pain, weakness, poor appetite, fatigue, and/or loss of function or skills.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Diego, Sch of Med, La Jolla Ca 1995
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- HLA-B27 misfolding is associated with aberrant intermolecular disulfide bond formation (dimerization) in the endoplasmic reticulum.
- HLA-B27 and pathogenesis of spondyloarthropathies.
- Juvenile spondyloarthropathies and related arthritis.
- The immunobiology of HLA-B27: variations on a theme.
- Enhanced intracellular replication of Salmonella enteritidis in HLA-B27-expressing human monocytic cells: dependency on glutamic acid at position 45 in the B pocket of HLA-B27.
- Nomenclature and classification in chronic childhood arthritis: time for a change?
- Tapasin gene polymorphism in systemic onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis: a family-based case-control study.
- HLA-B27 misfolding in transgenic rats is associated with activation of the unfolded protein response.
- Pediatric and heritable disorders.
- Pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis: current concepts.
- HLA-B27 up-regulation causes accumulation of misfolded heavy chains and correlates with the magnitude of the unfolded protein response in transgenic rats: Implications for the pathogenesis of spondylarthritis-like disease.
- Evidence that the p38 MAP kinase pathway is dysregulated in HLA-B27-expressing human monocytic cells: correlation with HLA-B27 misfolding.
- B-cell depletion in Wegener's granulomatosis.
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress and the unfolded protein response are linked to synergistic IFN-beta induction via X-box binding protein 1.
- Gene expression analysis of macrophages derived from ankylosing spondylitis patients reveals interferon-gamma dysregulation.
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Duke University Hospital Program
Dr. Robert A Colbert M.D.'s Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45229Get Direction
Dr. Robert A Colbert M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- Steroids for Muscular Dystrophy: Prednisone
Steroids are touted as powerful drugs that help in improving muscle strength as well as delaying some types of muscular dystrophy. Of these, prednisone is said to be the most powerful and widely used to treat Muscular Dystrophy. Prednisone is a known anti-inflammatory agent. The potent compound,...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- The Reality Behind Juvenile-Onset Fibromyalgia
Over time, more and more health conditions have been discovered, which has ultimately led to a more informed healthcare system. These breakthroughs have been thanks to a neverending goal of creating more efficient treatment options, which is being done as technology improves and becomes more...
- 14 Warning Signs of Lupus
When the body attacks its own cells and organs including the skin, joints, kidneys, heart, lungs, blood, and brain, the condition is called lupus. It is an autoimmune disease brought about because the body can’t distinguish between healthy cells and foreign germs or viruses. It is a chronic...
- According To New Research The Juvenile Arthritis Diagnosis Is Improving
Arthritis has been at the center of countless medical research in recent years, mainly due to the pain and limitations it places on its sufferers. Arthritis is also often thought to be a condition regulated to the elderly and older adults, but this is not always the case. Many children and young...
- Dr. Tracy V Ting M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Michael Henrickson MD3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Lisa Kay Petiniot M.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Huggins MD3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Yongdong Zhao M.D.3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Hermine Isabel Brunner MD3333 BURNET AVE CINCINNATI OH 45229