Dr. Anna Olson practices Radiation Oncology in Madison, WI. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Olson specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- University Of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Dr. Anna Kathryn Olson M.D.'s Practice location
ROCHESTER, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Anna Kathryn Olson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- What Specialists Treat Testicular Cancer?
The type of cancer that affected the male sex organs, particularly the male gonads called the testes, was regarded as an incurable condition back in the 70s. Since then, advanced diagnostic tools, exceptional treatment methods, and refined therapies have elevated testicular cancer to the status of a...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Dr. Richard A. Steeves MD PHD600 Highland Avenue Madison Wisconsin 53792
- Dr. Kevin R. Kozak MD, PHD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Michelle Mary kolton Mackay M.D.1000 N Oak Ave Marshfield WI 54449
- Dr. Peter A Mahler MD PHD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Steven P Howard MD PHD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Mark A Ritter MD PHD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792