Dr. Timothy Beirne is a family practitioner practicing in Vinton, VA. Dr. Beirne specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Beirne possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1997
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1997
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (dvt)
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Va Commonwealth U Mcv Sch Med, Family Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health System Program
Dr. Timothy Beirne MD's Practice location
Vinton, VA 24179Get Direction
Dr. Timothy Beirne MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Beirne
- Syphilis: If Left Untreated, What Happens to the Body?
What is Syphilis?Syphilis is a venereal disease that is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It can also be passed from a pregnant mother to her unborn baby, or from an infected blood donor to a person who receives the blood contaminated with syphilitic bacteria through a...
- How to Help Someone Who Has Binge Eating Disorder
A severe eating disorder, binge eating disorder is a condition in which you regularly eat abnormally large quantities of food and have no control over the urge and event.Everyone can attest to the fact that it is normal to overeat at times such as on holiday parties and special occasions. However,...
- Sore Tongue
The tongue is made up of different muscles that help us speak, swallow, chew, or taste food. So when we have a sore tongue, it can be quite hard to ignore.Although a sore tongue is not always a cause for concern, emergency medical attention may be required in some cases, such as rapid tongue...
- Symptoms of Mono
Mono SymptomsInfectious mononucleosis is the technical and formal name of the disease commonly known as "mono". This disease is typically caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), but it can also be caused by other viruses such as cytomegalovirus. Once a person becomes infected, the symptoms may...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- What Could Lightheadedness Mean?
What is Lightheadedness?Older adults commonly complain about feeling woozy, lightheaded, or a little faint.The reason may not be something dangerous, but still, if you feel lightheaded, it is better to be careful. Serious injuries due to a fall can result due to lightheadedness even though there...
- Dr. Ayesha Nazli M.D.3716 Melrose Ave Nw Roanoke VA 24017
- Dr. Nina Keeley Sweeney MD3239 Electric Rd Roanoke VA 24018
- Dr. Charles Emerson Lamb M.D.1935 W Main St Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Uzma M Ali MD3154 Berry Ln Roanoke VA 24018
- Dr. Christi Ann Stewart M.D.555 N Duke St Lancaster PA 17602
- Dr. William F Ball MD13423 Booker T Washington Hwy Hardy VA 24101