Dr. David E Mccarty MD
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine1455 E Bert Kouns Loop Shreveport LA, 71105
Dr. David Mccarty practices Sleep Medicine in Shreveport, LA. Dr. Mccarty studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Sleep Medicine
- A case of narcolepsy with strictly unilateral cataplexy.
- Beyond Ockham's razor: redefining problem-solving in clinical sleep medicine using a "five-finger" approach.
- Resolution of hypersomnia following identification and treatment of vitamin d deficiency.
- Vitamin D, race, and excessive daytime sleepiness.
- "Why did my CPAP beat me up?" Bilateral periorbital ecchymosis associated with continuous positive airway pressure therapy.
- Ready for takeoff? A critical review of armodafinil and modafinil for the treatment of sleepiness associated with jet lag.
- Nonspecific pain is a marker for hypovitaminosis D in patients undergoing evaluation for sleep disorders: a pilot study.
- We've only just begun: a conversation started shouldn't be mistaken for the last word.
- Mass Gen Hospital
Dr. David E Mccarty MD's Practice location
Shreveport, LA 71105Get Direction
BOULDER, CO 80301Get Direction
Dr. David E Mccarty MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mccarty
- Roseanne Reboot Talks Sleep Apnea, CPAP Masks, and Bringing Sexy Back
For those who lived in the 90’s, Roseanne was a wildly popular sitcom featuring Roseanne and Dan Conner and their 3 kids: Becky, Darlene and DJ. It became a hit in the era because it was probably one of the most realistic portrayals of an mid west blue color American family. The sitcom eventually...
- Why Sleep Apnea Can Be a Serious Condition
Sleep apnea affects just about 18 million Americans today. It is a severe medical condition that involves the interruption of regular breathing patterns while you sleep. Sleep apnea is caused by obstruction to the airway and it lowers the levels of oxygen in your blood. Even though you may not be...
- Why Does Sleep Apnea Happen?
Sleep apnea may seem baffling at first. How much do you really know about the disease? What causes you to stop breathing in your sleep? Is this a natural phenomenon? Are some people more prone than others? How can you prevent it? Having many questions about a potential condition is normal. Many...
- Sleep Apnea Can Directly Affect Metabolism
When To Talk With A Healthcare ProviderGetting enough sleep has been the crying motto of many healthcare providers. There are numerous reasons as to why, but some recent research regarding sleep apnea and the relation to metabolism might just encourage some to address sleeping issues that are...
- Obesity & Sleep Disorders, Affect Child's Ability to Learn
A new study has shown that weight, sleeping disorders, and inability to learn are all linked with each other in children. A child who is overweight and who does not get enough sleep may have difficulty learning. Moreover, a child who has learning disabilities has a higher risk of developing obesity...
- Illinois Dental Practice Offers Sleep Apnea Treatment
There are a few options for treating sleep apnea. The most common that many people are familiar with is using a CPAP machine. CPAP machines work wonders for most patients. Some patients choose to get surgery to try to correct the problem. The least known treatment for sleep apnea can...
- Dr. Syeda S Munir M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Oleg Yuryevich Chernyshev MD1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Romy Hoque M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Shantanu Saraswat MDOne Saint Mary Place Shreveport LA 71101
- Dr. Bindu Nair M D510 E Stoner Ave Shreveport LA 71101
- Dr. Lei Wang M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103