Dr. Rima Defatta is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Albany, NY. Dr. Defatta specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine
Temple University School of Medicine 2005
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infection
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
Dr. Rima Abraham Defatta M.D.'s Practice location
Albany, NY 12208Get Direction
Eau Claire, WI 54701Get Direction
ALTOONA, WI 54720Get Direction
Dr. Rima Abraham Defatta M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can You Get Laryngitis From a Sinus Infection?
A virus is the reason that causes most cases of laryngitis, just like a virus causes most cases of a cold. Viruses are contagious and therefore you can acquire any of these conditions from other people who are infected. Some people develop sinusitis immediately after they catch a cold, while others...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machines: Full Face Masks, BiPAP, and ResMed S10
What is sleep apnea?Sleep apnea is a serious form of sleep disorder that occurs when a person's breathing is often interrupted while sleeping. The brain and other parts of the body do not get enough of oxygen when sleep apnea remains untreated. There are two main types of sleep apnea:...
- Alternative Treatments for Sinusitis
Sinusitis is an ailment that usually affects almost 37 million individuals in the U.S. only. Sinusitis often begins with cold-like symptoms such as a runny nose, nasal congestion, and facial pain/headache. Sinus swelling and blockage can create pressure that causes a serious agonizing pain inside...
- 5 Tips on Living with an Ear Infection
Sometimes, the only treatment for an ear infection is to just live with it until it clears out on its own. This is especially true for ear infections caused by viruses. If you or your child is only mildly sick and the right home care reduces the pain and symptoms, then you can choose not to consult...
- Ear Infections and Swollen Lymph Nodes
The lymph nodes behind the ears, in the neck and under the arms are some of the most notable lymph glands in the body. These glands store fluids and nutrients and help in filtering waste material out of the bloodstream as well as out from the body tissue. They also produce antibodies that help...
- Dr. Jason Mouzakes MD50 New Scotland Avenue Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Steven Parnes MD50 New Scotland Avenue - 2nd Floor Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Victoria Alexandra Epstein M.D.713 Troy Schenectady Rd Latham NY 12110
- Dr. David Foyt MD1220 New Scotland Rd Slingerlands NY 12159
- Dr. Michael C Byrd MD400 Patroon Creek Blvd Albany NY 12206
- Dr. Sujana S. Chandrasekhar MD1421 Third Avenue New York NY 10028