Dr. John Umhau is an Addiction Medicine Physician in Potomac, MD. Dr. Umhau evaluates patients using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Addiction Medicine Physicians provide medical care in addition to consultation for each patient and their families.
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Wisconsin Card Sorting Test performance following head injury: dorsolateral fronto-striatal circuit activity predicts perseveration.
- Plasma total cholesterol concentrations do not predict cerebrospinal fluid neurotransmitter metabolites: implications for the biophysical role of highly unsaturated fatty acids.
- Hypothalamic function in response to 2-deoxy-D-glucose in long-term abstinent alcoholics.
- A select group of perpetrators of domestic violence: evidence of decreased metabolism in the right hypothalamus and reduced relationships between cortical/subcortical brain structures in position emission tomography.
- A model linking biology, behavior and psychiatric diagnoses in perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Folate and ageing.
- National and international health agencies. Profile of key players.
- Fluoxetine treatment of alcoholic perpetrators of domestic violence: a 12-week, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled intervention study.
- Docosahexaenoic acid supplementation and Alzheimer disease.
- Dietary supplements and their future in health care: commentary on draft guidelines proposed by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Liver Injury and Endotoxemia in Male and Female Alcohol-Dependent Individuals Admitted to an Alcohol Treatment Program.
- DHA brain uptake and APOE4 status: a PET study with [1-C]-DHA.
- Breast feeding and other aspects of infant nutrition.
- Do plasma polyunsaturates predict hostility and depression?
- Re: "Heart rate variability from short electrographic recordings predicts mortality from all causes in middle-aged and elderly men: the Zutphen Study".
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Family Medicine
Dr. John Christian Umhau MD's Practice location
Potomac, MD 20854Get Direction
WHITERIVER, AZ 85941Get Direction
Dr. John Christian Umhau MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can You Overdose on Xanax? How Much Xanax Does it Take to Overdose?
Before Taking this DrugInform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions before taking Xanax (alprazolam):...
- What Are Night Sweats: Get the Facts
What are night sweats?Night sweats are also called as nocturnal hyperhidrosis, which means excessive sweating during the night. Night sweats are episodes of continuous sweating at night even when the environmental temperature is very cold. Some people may sweat so extensively that they might find...
- Does Flakka Induce Psychosis?
In the world of drugs, there is always a struggle to create better and more potent drugs. For the sellers, the motive is clear--to beat their competition by producing superior quality drugs. On the other hand, most users prefer designer drugs because they are often more potent, have fewer side...
- Flakka: A Gravel Guised Fatal Drug
Flakka, an addictive drug that looks similarly to gravel is considered to be closely related with the synthetic cathinone. The drug is known to cause long-lasting damage to the brain cells and can alter the brain's chemistry in such a way that users can lose touch with reality. Having manufactured...
- Gabapentin: Abuse, Withdrawal, and Overdose
Most holistic addiction centers use gabapentin in one form or another to help their patients deal with addiction. However, many patients have started to abuse this drug after prolonged exposure during the course of their rehab process.Gabapentin is usually available in the form of tablets and has...
- Is Gastroenteritis Related to Drug Withdrawal?
The symptoms accompanying drug withdrawal can be psychological or physical, changing your thoughts, feelings, and actions. For instance, drugs like cocaine and heroin trigger strong physical dependence. For other chemical substances, dependencies are more likely to cause psychological problems....
- Dr. Joseph Shaw Jones MD11230 Waples Mill Rd Fairfax VA 22030
- Dr. Edwin Charles Chapman M.D.1647 Benning Rd Ne Washington DC 20002
- Dr. Farook A. Shaikh M.D.6305 Castle Pl Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Cynthia C Cudjoe M.D.1140 N Capitol St Nw Washington DC 20002
- Dr. Dana Winston Mcginty MD1208 Crittenden St Nw Washington DC 20011
- Dr. Alex James Hemphill M.D.1912 Irving St NE Washington DC 20018