Dr. John Christian Umhau MD
Addiction Medicine Specialist | Addiction Medicine10804 Rock Run Dr Potomac MD, 20854
Dr. John Umhau is an Addiction Medicine Physician in Potomac, MD. Dr. Umhau evaluates patients using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Addiction Medicine Physicians provide medical care in addition to consultation for each patient and their families.
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Wisconsin Card Sorting Test performance following head injury: dorsolateral fronto-striatal circuit activity predicts perseveration.
- Plasma total cholesterol concentrations do not predict cerebrospinal fluid neurotransmitter metabolites: implications for the biophysical role of highly unsaturated fatty acids.
- Hypothalamic function in response to 2-deoxy-D-glucose in long-term abstinent alcoholics.
- A select group of perpetrators of domestic violence: evidence of decreased metabolism in the right hypothalamus and reduced relationships between cortical/subcortical brain structures in position emission tomography.
- A model linking biology, behavior and psychiatric diagnoses in perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Folate and ageing.
- National and international health agencies. Profile of key players.
- Fluoxetine treatment of alcoholic perpetrators of domestic violence: a 12-week, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled intervention study.
- Docosahexaenoic acid supplementation and Alzheimer disease.
- Dietary supplements and their future in health care: commentary on draft guidelines proposed by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Liver Injury and Endotoxemia in Male and Female Alcohol-Dependent Individuals Admitted to an Alcohol Treatment Program.
- DHA brain uptake and APOE4 status: a PET study with [1-C]-DHA.
- Breast feeding and other aspects of infant nutrition.
- Do plasma polyunsaturates predict hostility and depression?
- Re: "Heart rate variability from short electrographic recordings predicts mortality from all causes in middle-aged and elderly men: the Zutphen Study".
Dr. John Christian Umhau MD's Practice location
Potomac, MD 20854Get Direction
WHITERIVER, AZ 85941Get Direction
- How Long Does Weed Stay in Your System?
Reasons Why Marijuana Remains IllegalOne of the main reasons why weed remains illegal is the adverse side effects it gives to its users. Many people are under the impression that weed is simply a harmless drug--when in reality, that's nowhere near the truth. Smoking weed is thought as a fun...
- Does Flakka Induce Psychosis?
In the world of drugs, there is always a struggle to create better and more potent drugs. For the sellers, the motive is clear--to beat their competition by producing superior quality drugs. On the other hand, most users prefer designer drugs because they are often more potent, have fewer side...
- What Are Night Sweats: Get the Facts
What are night sweats?Night sweats are also called as nocturnal hyperhidrosis, which means excessive sweating during the night. Night sweats are episodes of continuous sweating at night even when the environmental temperature is very cold. Some people may sweat so extensively that they might find...
- How Addictive Is Flakka?
What are the ingredients in flakka/bath salts?Flakka is the latest synthesized drug which is very comparable to bath salts as both of them have a reputation to develop erratic and violent behaviors from people who ingest them. Flakka can be smoked, snorted, swallowed or injected. It could also be...
- Is Gastroenteritis Related to Drug Withdrawal?
The symptoms accompanying drug withdrawal can be psychological or physical, changing your thoughts, feelings, and actions. For instance, drugs like cocaine and heroin trigger strong physical dependence. For other chemical substances, dependencies are more likely to cause psychological problems....
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- Dr. Joseph Shaw Jones MD11230 Waples Mill Rd Fairfax VA 22030
- Dr. Edwin Charles Chapman M.D.1647 Benning Rd Ne Washington DC 20002
- Dr. Cynthia C Cudjoe M.D.1140 N Capitol St Nw Washington DC 20002
- Dr. Dana Winston Mcginty MD1208 Crittenden St Nw Washington DC 20011
- Dr. Farook A. Shaikh M.D.6305 Castle Pl Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Alex James Hemphill M.D.1912 Irving St NE Washington DC 20018