Dr. William Finn is a nephrologist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Finn specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Finn most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1966
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Of Nc Hosps, Internal Medicine; Oh State Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine; St Josephs Hosp Hlth Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. William Francis Finn M.D.'s Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27599Get Direction
Dr. William Francis Finn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Renal Ultrasound Used For?
UltrasoundIt is actually a diagnostic procedure. High-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body's tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. This creates videos or photographic images of the internal structure of the body after the echoes are recorded and transformed.Many diseases and...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- What is Lupus?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disease that attacks the body’s healthy cells, tissues, and organs. The inflammation can damage the skin, joints, kidneys, lungs, heart, brain, and blood vessels.Normally, the body’s immune system produces antibodies. These antibodies protect and fight...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Dr. Scott Leonard Sanoff M.D.Hospital Dr Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Julieanne Gibson Mcgregor MD7024-B Burnett Womack Building Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Uptal D Patel M.D.4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Michael Berkoben M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Justin David Westervelt M.D.988102 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. William A Primack MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599