Dr. Martha Higginbotham Aldridge M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)1100 S Jackson Hwy Suite 259 Sheffield AL, 35660
Dr. Martha Aldridge is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Sheffield, AL. Dr. Aldridge specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Aldridge can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Aldridge can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Martha Higginbotham Aldridge M.D.'s Practice location
Sheffield, AL 35660Get Direction
NEWPORT, RI 02840Get Direction
Dr. Martha Higginbotham Aldridge M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Aldridge
- Recovery from a Gastric Bypass Surgery
Gastric bypass surgery can provide a long-term weight loss. For most people, they lose about 10 to 20 pounds each month within the first year after surgery. Over time, the weight loss continues. More weight is expected to be lost when the patient seriously commits to the diet and exercise since the...
- Reasons Why You Need Bariatric Surgery
What is Bariatric Surgery?Bariatric surgery is also referred as weight loss surgery. It is mainly done on obese people or those with a BMI (body mass index) greater than forty. The main aim of this kind of surgery is to achieve weight loss. What are the Risks of Being Overweight?Being obese poses...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- Controversy Surrounds PapSeek, a New Diagnostic Test
What is PapSeek?PapSeek is a 3-part test designed to identify certain reproductive cancers that aren’t usually caught until they’ve advanced. The test itself is groundbreaking in terms of cancer research and early prevention, but there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the test for a...
- Vitamin E and Fatty Acid Supplements May Alleviate Period Cramps
A new study published in the journal, Reproductive Health, has shown that supplements containing vitamin E and essential fatty acids may relieve the symptoms caused by menstruation. In this study, 120 women with PMS or the more severe premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), were divided into two...
- Why We Can’t Treat All Ovarian Cancer the Same Way
Over the last three decades, ovarian cancer survival rates have seen very little improvement. The current five-year survival rate for ovarian cancer is 43%, a low percentage that is a result of the fact that this type of cancer is difficult to detect and often goes undiagnosed until it has reached...
- Dr. Stephen Daniel Keith M.D.1100 S Jackson Hwy Sheffield AL 35660
- Dr. Lisa M Christian MD5966 Curtisian Ave Boise ID 83704
- Dr. Daphne L Jones MD523 Gandy St Ne Russellville AL 35653
- Dr. John Larkin Musgrove M.D.2407 Helton Dr Florence AL 35630
- Dr. Philip Mark Wakefield M.D.2407 Helton Dr Florence AL 35630
- Dr. Steven B Snyder MD1700 Center St Mobile AL 36604