Dr. Richard L Meisel MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Obstetrics602 W University Ave Urbana IL, 61801
Dr. Richard Meisel is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Urbana, IL. Dr. Meisel specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Meisel can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Meisel can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Dr. Richard L Meisel MD's Practice location
Urbana, IL 61801Get Direction
Dr. Richard L Meisel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Meisel
- All About Metronidazole
Metronidazole gel is employed in the treatment of certain vaginal bacterial infections such as bacterial vaginosis. The drug in its other forms can also be used to treat other illnesses as may be advised by your healthcare provider.It is part of a class of medications referred to as nitroimidazole...
- Are You an Insomniac Before Getting Your Period?
Many women complain of insomnia a few days before getting their periods. “The actual reason behind this feeling is changing levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone”, says Michael Breus, PhD, ABSM, a sleep expert. “These changes in hormones can affect an individual's ability to fall...
- Weight Loss Surgery Can Motivate an Entire Household to Get Fit
According to a new study published in. Archives of Surgery, family members of people who had weight loss surgery adopted healthier lifestyle and eating habits. All the members in the family were active for over a year after the surgery, and overweight members in the family lost an average of 8...
- During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Women Are Able to Get Discounted Mammograms
All throughout the year, different health awareness campaigns take place. They allow individuals with certain health conditions - along with their loved ones, advocacy groups, and support groups - to join together around a common cause and offer support. During these times, educational and...
- Breaking: Asthma Drugs may not Actually Cause Birth Defects
A new study has shown that asthma treatment may not actually increase the risk of birth defects as generally thought. This is reassuring news for many pregnant women who have asthma and need treatment. There was a very mild increase in the risk of rare birth defects in women who took the medication...
- Zika Virus Symptoms: What Is Zika Virus and Travel Recommendations
In 1947, the Zika virus was discovered and got its name from Uganda’s Zika Forest. The first human case of Zika was identified in 1952. Since then, outbreaks of the virus were reported in the Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, and Africa, although it was possible for Zika outbreaks to happen in...
- Dr. Mildred S. Nelson M.D.101 W University Ave Champaign IL 61820
- Dr. Ralph Kehl MD602 W University Ave Urbana IL 61801
- Dr. Eileen Ann Murphy M.D.841 W Junior Ter Chicago IL 60613
- Dr. Suzanne R Trupin M.D.2125 S Neil St Champaign IL 61820
- Dr. Susan Cooper-morphew MD1010 N. Kansas Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Theodore W Frank MD1813 W Kirby Ave Champaign IL 61821